Amplifier LM358—classical circuits

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Leo Hathaway

Amplifier LM358—classical circuits

Post by Leo Hathaway »

Recently, I saw a article about amplifier LM358 with 24 classical circuit, it lists so many circuit schematic diagrams, but without specific description of each circuit.

I have a little confused, I try connecting the author to get some simple summary of these diagrams, but he said it transmitted through a forum, he can't find the real author who write it. So I enclose the url https://www.kynix.com/Blog/470.html, is there anyone can giving me some explain to the point?

Look forward to the effective reply. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Leo
dyarker

Re: Amplifier LM358—classical circuits

Post by dyarker »

?
The point is that that operational amplifiers may be used for a large number dissimilar jobs. In this case the LM-358 specifically, which has two op-amps in one package. They may be used together, or separately.

To get more detailed explanation search on name of curcuit type like op amp vco, or op amp schmitt trigger.

Do you also need explanation of op amps in general, and summing junction?

Cheers,
Dale Y
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

not surprising, some of those circuits are very incomplete. If you are interested, continue studying op amps in general, there will be many many references. Once you understand the basics of applying them as Amplifiers, filters, current sources, comparitors etc then you can start looking at the specs of the various part numbers to learn how to select the best one. From this POV, that LM351 might as well be a dual 741. no meaningful discussion of parameters was given in that link. That part is considered general purpose because it works from DC to Audio frequencies for most op amp applications.
Leo Hathaway

Post by Leo Hathaway »

Thank you for all your advice, I just want to know the general ideas about these circuit schematic diagrams. Because I think these are useful if they are improved and bring some important parameters in specific examples.

And it's like someone give you an idea to bring together all the individual parts of one thing, it is really interesting for me.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Leo Hathaway wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm Recently, I saw a article about amplifier LM358 with 24 classical circuit, it lists so many circuit schematic diagrams, but without specific description of each circuit.

I have a little confused, I try connecting the author to get some simple summary of these diagrams, but he said it transmitted through a forum, he can't find the real author who write it. So I enclose the url https://www.kynix.com/Blog/470.html, is there anyone can giving me some explain to the point?

Look forward to the effective reply. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Leo

Hi,

I can help, but i would prefer to talk about one circuit at a time.
Choose the circuit you find the most interesting, and we'll talk about it in detail.
We can then later move to another circuit, then another, etc.
Try to ask specific questions or why it does not make sense to you yet.
It will make sense to you eventually.
Circuit analysis helps understand many circuits like these.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Leo Hathaway

Post by Leo Hathaway »

Thanks a lot for your kindness, I have found the materials and asked some professional people to get to know them clearly.

Cheers,