Message Board update

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
CeaSaR

Message Board update

Post by CeaSaR »

I see that the Message Board / Forum has been updated. Has any new functionality been added or improvements been made, or is this just cosmetic? A rundown would be nice. Admins? Mods? IT?

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
evahle

Re: Message Board update

Post by evahle »

I've been trying to upload photos, but still not able to yet. I've contacted Sean in hopes of resolving this problem I hope so, I'd like to get started on some new posts. I do like the new look though.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

My Computer has been playing games with me AGAIN! Among other things in the last day or so, this N&V forum has a new look. Is this just my computer or is it for real? PURE CRAP!
evahle

Post by evahle »

I thought it looked ok myself Robert Lol!
What don't you like about it?
I just wish we could get the photos and schematics uploaded here soon.
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

What this Message Board needs is an "Art Gallery" that the members can upload Pictures, Diagrams, and Images too.
That way it makes it a lot easier to put images into postings.

Signed: Janitor Tzap
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Janitor Tzap wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm What this Message Board needs is an "Art Gallery" that the members can upload Pictures, Diagrams, and Images too.
That way it makes it a lot easier to put images into postings.

Like Yahoo! Groups? Geez, am I putting a date on myself? Ufff!
:D
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hey fellows... do you get a false? indication of a private message ? (Top right of screen)
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Yeah,

It is just to notify you that there has been a response to a post you were interested in, or had been actively taking part in.

I've got to go in to my settings and see if I can't turn that off.

evahle

Post by evahle »

I'm sure many of you know Forrest Mims III and his many books from Radio Shack. I had most of his books. I gave away some. Sold some on Ebay, but kept 2 for myself. I'd REALLY like to see this forum, and maybe, the Nuts & Volts magazine get back to some of the fun-ness of electronics. Even as a professional, electronics should still be FUN!!
I started electronics in high school in 1968, but didn't get heavy into it until 1980 when I went to college at a ripe old age of 29. Lol! I picked up my first book from Forrest Mims at that time. I couldn't wait to start building some of his experiments. Even though it's so simple today with our new knowledge, it's still fun to think of simple but fun things to build.
I've spent the last 11 months on solar garden lights, part time. It's been a lot of fun and I've learned more about battery capacities, solar light ICs, solar cells and LED lux outputs during this time. I'm only just now designing some new, fun and interesting solar light projects (you won't find these at your local store).
I have tons of photos and schematics to go with this, but I'm not able to upload to this forum. I'm only able to upload my pictures, schematics and documents to my Facebook page, but I don't like having it with my friends and family watching me at my hobby. Boring to them. Lol!
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i liked it better with our icons on the left side of the page... :P
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

One thing I missed immediately was the ability to see member rankings via postings. The infamous Chris Smith's record for posts should be surpassed sometime this year, only like 8-10 years after he left the board. Can't figure out how to reorder the members by posts on my phone. Haven't even tried on my computer yet.
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Well, going on 3-1/2 days for a call to Admin, Mods, even IT, and not a peep. Are any of them out there?
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

:yuck:
CeaSaR wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm One thing I missed immediately was the ability to see member rankings via postings.
Ok, I looked on a computer and it's still there. I just can't see it on mobile.
Hey, what do I know?
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

A PM from Vern says he is not working with the company anymore so he says he cant help.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

They need to update their team list. Vern's not one, but Sean is? I wonder if Larry Lemieux ever reads anything here. One would think that since these publications are his, he'd take at least a passing interest in this forum.
Hey, what do I know?