Message Board update

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
CeaSaR

Re: Message Board update

Post by CeaSaR »

Haven't received any info on what they are actually thinking about doing, so I would bet that nothing has been changed just yet. Bureaucracy is a process and it appears it's in the early stages. Patience.
:)
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
evahle

Post by evahle »

MrAl wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm Hi,

Yes that's always good for an electronics message board.
Hi MrAl.
I've been checking out the website Electro-Tech Forum;
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/
I noticed you've been a member there for years. They have lots of pictures, schematics and files there, that people have uploaded. I'm thinking of trying my hand putting my projects and experiments on there and see how it goes.
Have you tried uploading pics there? Just curious.
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Congrats to staff! I noticed that sections untouched for years have been removed.
Dale Y
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

The previous "breakout" into all the sections was an attempt to make it easier to navigate to specific sections and their related posts. As you can see, Servo readers aren't overly interested in the forum. While N&V readers seem to be only slightly more interested, most of the readers tend to post in the General section. I suppose we are creatures of habit. The experiment was undertaken and the results are in.

Thanks for the cleanup.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Sean Lemieux

Post by Sean Lemieux »

I believe direct uploading of attachments is now fixed. Please try posting your pictures and report and malfunctions to me.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

evahle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am
MrAl wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm Hi,

Yes that's always good for an electronics message board.
Hi MrAl.
I've been checking out the website Electro-Tech Forum;
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/
I noticed you've been a member there for years. They have lots of pictures, schematics and files there, that people have uploaded. I'm thinking of trying my hand putting my projects and experiments on there and see how it goes.
Have you tried uploading pics there? Just curious.
Hi,

Sorry i must have not seen your post until now.

Yes i upload pictures and what not and it always works well. It also handles math symbols via Latex which many members use regularly. I mostly use pure text, but once in a while i get fancy with the Latex when posting a big equation :-)

N&V looks like it could be getting better now too so that's good.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
evahle

Post by evahle »

Yes! So far so good. I can't wait to start uploading my projects and schematics! :)
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

is there a way to show newest replies 1st on here..seems i have to goto last page to see newest replies. or to the bottom of the list.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

^^
When you click on the updated thread, I noticed that there was a blurb next to the "Page Count Navigation" (currently 4 pages and 53 posts) that said something like "Newest Unread Post". If you click on that it will take you to the latest and greatest of the post. Of course, I'm on my phone and using Chrome Mobile, so YMMV.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

New posts / replies, so I was able to get the info at the very top of the posts:

Post Reply / Search / Advanced search First unread post • 54 posts • Page 1 of 4

Where it says "First unread post", it is a link that will take you to the beginning of the newest posts you haven't seen yet.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?