Cadmium Zinc Telluride Radiation Detector

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Jerry5555

Cadmium Zinc Telluride Radiation Detector

Post by Jerry5555 »

Question. I am new here on this forum as of today. I was reading my June 2002 Nuts & Volts and saw a Question #6025 by Bob Grove. I did searches of the forums for answers to this question but nothing came up? Can anyone tell me what #6025 means and if these questions from the Magazine page 78 are in this forum? Thanks Jerry5555
Chris Smith

Re: Cadmium Zinc Telluride Radiation Detector

Post by Chris Smith »

I answered his question last month but it didnt make the book, [yet?] <p>Are you interested in the Article I wrote with a diagram? I shouldnt post it here directly as is,... in case they are still execting to place it in the book, but I could piece it out to your Email Address or rewrite it long hand?
Jerry5555

Post by Jerry5555 »

Yes, Thankyou Chris. I would like to have a copy if it isn't breaking any rules on this forum. I don't want to get in trouble on my first day. Ha ha Also I have been trying to find a source for the crystals as ready built detector probes are super expensive.<p>[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: Jerry5555 ]</p>
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Did you recieve the email?
Jerry5555

Post by Jerry5555 »

Chris! No didn't get any E-Mail yet. I just did a test and sent myself an E-mail from this board and it works OK. So I don't know what happened?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Im betting you cant recieve over one meg? My photo was one point one? Ill send just the text and you reply when you get that, then I'll re -scan the photo to about 750 k? Make sure your e-mail is not "full" if you have limits on your Email?