Almost a Beam ORGY!

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
bigkim100

Almost a Beam ORGY!

Post by bigkim100 »

Today at Zellers they had a Door Crasher sale of rechargable garden lights for $1.00 each. You know the kind, solar cells in the top, a ultrabright led that charges all day and lights up at night to illuminate your walkway or garden. The Beam robotics guys must be thrilled with all these cheap solar cells and dark activated circuits. I replaced the jumbo ultrabright yellow led with a low current and voltage motor, and it ran for about 6 hours non stop after the 1 AA battery was fully charged. Someone should write a article for Nuts and Volts on other uses for these inexpensive units.
Any ideas people on other weird and wonderful uses for them????.
I can imagine tearing the guts out of a small remote controlled boat, or sub, mounting a few of these stripped down, waterproofed units on the hull, and sending them off to sea with my address attached. A high-tech message in the bottle maybe, lets see just where they show up????. :D
Kim..The man with the cute little girls name...and Frankensteins face and body.
chessman

Re: Almost a Beam ORGY!

Post by chessman »

Are any more of them there???<p>I might want a few of em :D
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Or, daisy-chain them with IR x-mit & rcvr to make an 'invisible fence', with the last connected to a lamp
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

only problem is, Green Peace or some other enviromental impact group would be banging on your door for placing something in THEIR ocean... or maybe give you a ticket for littering the ocean.. ha... but this sounds like something I'd try too.. geesh, if you could just get a helium balloon to last longer, you could make a UFO and send it up... HEADLINES>>> OBJECT SEEN LIGHTING THE SKYS ABOVE ha :D
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

SOLAR LIGHTS FOR A DOLLAR ! ! !
if i saw that deal i whould have bought all i could have grabbed !...<p>wish i had a few of them,,, * sigh *