Classified ads gone?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
JackNash

Classified ads gone?

Post by JackNash »

I just noticed the lack of classified
ads in the last couple of issues. Are
they gone for good?<p>Jack
bodgy

Re: Classified ads gone?

Post by bodgy »

Sorry, that information is classified ;) <p>bodgy<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jack Nash:
I just noticed the lack of classified
ads in the last couple of issues.
Jack
<hr></blockquote>
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Id be happy if some one read me the whole book? <p>I guess we are all not going to get our May issue?
JackNash

Post by JackNash »

Chris,<p>I didn't notice it before, but just saw
on the homepage that the May issue was
mailed out on 05/02. Looks like it went
out quite a bit later than usual.<p>I don't mind getting the June issue two
weeks from now, but if I have to then
wait 45 days for the July issue, I'll do
myself an injury.<p>Nash
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

What hurts even more, is my "dual" subscription made it to the intended place two days ago, and they share the same Zip and post office that I do! That hurts!!!!
Larry Lemieux

Post by Larry Lemieux »

Let me clear a few things up.<p>Classified Ads
The classified ads still exist. The format has been changed for two main reasons. First, to give advertisers more graphic design capability to get their ad to stand out in the croud. Second, at the old format, the classifieds simply did not come close to paying for the pages they were printed on. We made the change under the assumption that "Change is good, cancelling them all together is bad." The jury is still out whether they will survive in any format as we don't seem to be able to charge enough to at least break even. Some of you will remember that Poptronics charged $3.00 per word and had only a few ads. NV charged .60 per word, had lots of ads, but lost money. I hate to make it about the money, but reality comes knocking at the door sooner or later, just ask Poptronics.<p>May Issue Delivery
The May issue was mailed about two weeks late. We were in the process of converting the Poptronics file to a format compatible for merging with the NV subscriber database. As it turns out, there were !@#$loads of problems we didn't anticipate. At about the one week late mark, we bailed on the whole process and mailed to the two lists separately, which took another week to dupe eliminate the lists, process, label and finally mail on May 2nd. We had been mailing them separately since March, at considerably higher expense, and thought we would have it wrapped up in time for the May issue. Well, the conversion is now done, but is far from perfect. We will be doing cleanup on it for the next several months as readers call or email with problems. The June mag is printed and will probably mail on the 28th. So, it too will be late, but only by about a week. Then we should be back on schedule.<p>Larry Lemieux
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Thanks Larry, but where is my copy, still? My co-subscriber got theirs, same post office and all, same zip, but Im still waiting a week after that? Today is the 19th????? And still no book? When do I send in a "lost" book request?
greg123

Post by greg123 »

No copies here in canada either.<p>BOOOOO!!!<p>I was hoping to finally get in on the forum questions..<p>G