Forum oddity

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Lenp

Forum oddity

Post by Lenp »

I look at many posts and sometimes there are a thousand or more 'views' but only a few responses.
Are all these views 'bots', or does this represent a huge silent society?
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
jwax

Re: Forum oddity

Post by jwax »

Dunno Len. Maybe we just have tough questions. :)
John
WA2RBA
Edd

Post by Edd »

Most Honorable and Esteemed . . . . Lenp . . . . .

Whassamatternoonewannatalktoyou?

I'll now volunteer, on my SECOND Sabbatical here this year.

Usually one sees a proportionate numer of views being in accordance the the number of posters responding. . . .computed along with an inversely
convoluted reciprocal of some posters vanities.

Now, I can immediately see two "high counts" and another 19k digit view post recently, with a quick 2174 , 2990 and 19,545 hits/views.

Look at dacflyers post of "need help to find a 10K slide POT " with a possible interpretation of POTentiometer or another interpretation of POT meaning cannabis.
Look at a second, which also happens to be a Flac Dyer, with his "Who is the tube type technology guru here ?"
Therein is being an interpretation of VA for Volt Amperes or another meaning of VA for V(eterans) A(dministration).

Coming in ballistic, is a post of ModRobs which just happens to have an entry of " Radio Shack " which is a "keyed on" reference, by virtue of their familiarity to all.

Now along comes a search engine doing routine digestion and amassing of info, and it clusters like possibilities, to shorten search times.

In time, someones query includes "POT" /or/ VA /or/ Radio Shack and the engines logic considers these possibilities and then initiates a 12 microsecond query "view" to
confirm that info is still being valid and en situ before including it as possibilities befitting the info query.

Thassssitttt.

73's de Edd

[email protected]. . . . . . . . (Interstellar~~~~~Warp~~~~Speed)
[email protected]. . . . . . . . . (Firewalled*Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)

Soooooo . . .at just exactly what age . . . is this "Old enough to know better" thing, supposed to kick in ?

Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Hi Ed
I am humbly awed by your profound expulsion of deep knowledge, but, it is still, no one talking :sad:
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)