Looking for a jukebox schematic AMI AA

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Looking for a jukebox schematic AMI AA

Post by dacflyer »

anyone have leads on a old tube amp schematic for a AMI Jukebox? the amp is listed as "AA"
i found one schematic here, but it is not a clear copy.
i need a clear copy if anyone has a link...

here is the one i found ( blurred ) unusable ...
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/forums/Mess ... 107147.htm
sghioto

Re: Looking for a jukebox schematic AMI AA

Post by sghioto »

If you place your face about 18 inches from the screen, grit your teeth and squint real hard it's readable. :lol: But seriously it's not that bad. I was able to read 95% of it.

Steve G
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Maybe Edd will pop in since he was the respondent of the linked post.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

Edd...lol he hardly is ever on here any more,, i think i see him maybe once a year..
where else does he hangout at ?
jwax

Post by jwax »

You could go into the "Members" area and PM him, or email him.
WA2RBA
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i have, but he never replies... i even have his personal email somewhere..
Edd

Post by Edd »

Greetings Nutsters and Volterewskians . . . . . . . .

I had been experiencing a burning of my ears, now I show up here and that reason is then fully explained.

Oh tayyyyy . . . . .Flac Dyer . . . .oops it's my dyslexia kicking in again . . . . . thats being DAC FLYER.

I pulled out that schematic again and starched, ironed and pressed it flat and then subjected it to a final digital
bleaching to fully whiten it for you.
I even put it in a 14K gold trimmed fanceeeeeey document frame, for its final presentation to you.
Now those special frames are being very 'spensives . . . . as you can see by this one I sold just below:

This LARGER schematic is being as large as the Pixel Police will permit, as well as at most hosting sites acceptance
limit, with it being right at a 2 megs data density.
PLUS, I'm sure that its pristine bit map format is going to be subjected to the solarizing and effects of its
further conversion into a crusty 'ole Jay-pegg.

It is being placed at the VERY bottom of the post and I have red dotted in the most critical of the aging parts.
(While my current project is at the ####7-treme bottom)

Techno Tip too hunnahs and lebenteen . . . follows herewith:

You just might not be much of a toobie person, but the higher specs on this sets primary filter caps are 475VDC.
As pricey and harder to find special order items.
I typically get fresh 450 rated units and hook up to a DC power supply source, powered from a VARIAC and then
have a series current limiting 100K /2W resistor between the power supply + and the caps +.
Bring up the DC voltage and watch a DVM across the resistor as it will then be a 10 ma meter on its 1 VDC scale.
If it can gradually charge up accept that full 450 volts and pull right at the 1/2 ma region, that is being one normal cap.
If not, back off with the voltage and gradually see if it can meet that spec, even taking hours or overnight.
Once it has settled after being at 450VDC that provides a benchmark referencing to see that attainment again, after you
gradually work on up to 475 VDC.
I repeatedly have taken new 450VDC units and successfully built up thicker oxide layers, upwards to 500-550 VDC.

Now, as for your not being able to read ALL of the parts values, as I ALSO told the other person on that then even WORSE schematic,
you just need to compare the actual components labeled value against the schematic for some of the few unreadable ones.
Be sure the interstage coupling capacitors marked in red, have down in the high microvolts<--thru-->100 millivolts of any DC voltage leakage.

Let me get you started on the schematic above , beginning at the cartridge input, top left corner.

First you have that 6.8 meg at 5 watt resistor, then the 100K 25 watt resistor, then the 1 meg (audio taper volume control),
then the 1.5 K 50 watt resistor . . . . . nope that's not working . . . . . as I am seeing your puzzled face . . .by virtue of:
" I know that you believe that you understand what you think that I wrote;
But I'm not sure that you realize that what you just read is not what I meant."

Ach himmell . . .ve are havink to bin translatink its . . . to der "Cherman".

Repeating:

First you have that 6.8 meg at 0.5 watt resistor, then the 100K at 0.25 watt resistor, then the 1 meg (audio taper volume control),
then the 1.5 K at 0.5 watt resistor . . . .now I think you are getting the hang of it . . . . . by using European referencing mode.

Thassit . . . .

73's de Edd

[email protected]...........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~~Speed)
[email protected]..........(Firewalled*Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)

Le Schematique:.
<

My current project:

dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

hey nice to see your yearly appearance buddy :) i miss seeing you here..
where else do you hang out ?

thanks for the polished up schematic.. i can read it a bit more now..
i need to rebuild the input side of this amp. someone removed some components,
and i was not able to replace them without the polished schematic here.
now i can get back onto it..

just recently rebuilt a guitar tube amp for a buddy..
Carvin VTR2800 - the main power transformers B+ got a internal short in it..
found a china made torroid made unit,,voltages very close..had to modify the BIAS to make it all work out
then i had to do some circuit surgery to a obsolete op amp chip.. it had 4 sections to it, 3 were in use,
1 was bad and the other was unused. so i cut the traces ( 2 lines ) from the bad section and used jumpers to
attach onto the good unused section..it worked...this was the op amp for the reverb tank. so now the whole
amp is like new again.. :)

anyway glad to see you here again... visit us more often..

:)