Page 1 of 1

Need Connector Retailer

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:32 pm
by theorivas
I am about to modify/destroy a USB connector to a proprietary 5 pin male on a digital camera ( WEBCAM
3-in-1 Digital Pen Camera/Video Camera/Webcam
Model: penstylecam). I'll probably need to remove the proprietary connector on the camera and replace with a standard connector. Where do you buy these kinds of connectors? I already spent an half hour on the net.


Re: Need Connector Retailer

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 pm
by philba
before you go and hack it up, are you certain it is a proprietary connector? at that pricepoint, I would think they used off-the-shelf stuff. The pictures I found don't show the connector. You sure it's not one of the mini-USB connector types? there are some pictures here -

all the big distis carry usb connectors. mouser has 332 hits on "usb connector". google for "usb connectors" came up with a ton of hits.

Re: Need Connector Retailer

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:31 am
by Newz2000
I've seen single quantity USB B and mini B connectors on Sparkfun ( for $0.99 each. They don't penalize you for buying small quantities.

Have you thought of just hacking off one end of a usb cord and soldering it permanantly in place?

Re: Need Connector Retailer

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:52 pm
by NV185864
Have you scanned a hard copy of Digikey catalog. i find stuff like this in there very often. Sometimes it's hard to search for these things electronically.