Plaining on building an All Terian mobility chair need help

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
directcurrent1

Plaining on building an All Terian mobility chair need help

Post by directcurrent1 »

Hay folks, I am disabibled and have to get around using a mobility chair some times. But I am not the kind of guy who stays inside or doing meanal work. --- I get out in the yard, workshop, and do a lot of phyical work as much as possible.
-- These mobility chair out there are just, well lame. The wheels spin at the lest little wet spot, can't get up a 1 inch hi step. So I decided to challenge myself and build one for my need. I need your help understanding how the one's out there are made up and understanding the workings of the motor and the electrics behind one. Can you folks help me out here. If you know where I can get the plans for one, please let me know. dc
VernGraner

Re: Plaining on building an All Terian mobility chair need h

Post by VernGraner »

directcurrent1 wrote:Hey folks, I am disabled and have to get around using a mobility chair some times. But I am not the kind of guy who stays inside or doing menial work. --- I get out in the yard, workshop, and do a lot of physical work as much as possible.
-- These mobility chair out there are just, well lame. The wheels spin at the lest little wet spot, can't get up a 1 inch hi step. So I decided to challenge myself and build one for my need. I need your help understanding how the one's out there are made up and understanding the workings of the motor and the electrics behind one. Can you folks help me out here. If you know where I can get the plans for one, please let me know. dc
Hi DC. I remember you posting about this a while ago.. did you see the responses to your previous post about building a ruggedized chair? The link to the responses is here:

http://forum.servomagazine.com/viewtopi ... lity+chair

Hope this helps. :smile:

Vern
--
Vern Graner