I need a small, cheap 277vac to 12vdc LED driver

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jgeesen

Re: I need a small, cheap 277vac to 12vdc LED driver

Post by jgeesen »

I meant incorporate the IC LED driver on a board with whatever other components needed, wired correctly, and installed in a small box with input and output leads.
I would imagine there would be decent demand for inexpensive auxiliary LED (plug and play - or close to it) lighting for 3 phase production machines. The big boys can drop a couple hundred per machine, but the small shops just go without - due to price and inconvenience.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

I would love to find that driver in a package I could use.
that's a 0.050" pitch 8 pin SOIC, it's totally hand solderable with only minimal magnification, a pointy soldering iron and some tweezers. Starting at half that pitch they start to get hard to work with.

In general only SMT devices with leads totally on the bottom like BGA and QFN packages defy hand assembly, just about anything with leads around the edges can be hand assembled. The big difficulty is they are nearly impossible to breadboard as one might do to make a prototype.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

I posted this same type of request (480V LEDs) some time ago and could never find anything that worked. Finally went with 24V panel indicators and 480V to 24V step down transformers. The step down transformers are those found in industrial HVAC controllers. The 24V LEDs were AC/DC indicators.

Good luck.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!