Second Q, consturction article in ??? magazine

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Deac_1

Second Q, consturction article in ??? magazine

Post by Deac_1 »

Hello again,

Looking for a construction article that appeared in one of the many electronic hobbyist magazines several years ago.

It was a remote reading wind direction indicator that used a gray code, rotary switch in the sending unit and LEDSs to display the cardinal points of the compass in the remote 'box'. The 4 bit gray code rotary switch was sourced from Digikey if memory serves. Other details of the article, including the name of the magazine have faded away....

Any help appreciated..

Kerry
CeaSaR

Re: Second Q, consturction article in ??? magazine

Post by CeaSaR »

I remember that article, so it must have come from: Poptronics (or one of its predecessors),
Electronics Now or Nuts n Volts. No idea which one or when.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Deac_1

Post by Deac_1 »

Well what do you know.... found it in my 'pile of magazines' Turned out to be longer ago then I thought... October 1998!

~~~~> CeaSaR, Truth be told I HAVEN"T built that night light yet...however I would still like to find the original article. I know I had it, but what happened to it after that...who knows. I DID gather the parts though..that's a beginning..right??

for those who are new here since I posted the original question, this is the link

http://forum.servomagazine.com/viewtopi ... ght#p39993
Deac_1

Post by Deac_1 »

well, wouldn't you know it...I guess 13 years was to long. The gray code , 4 bit, rotary encoder from Digikey is NLA...(CT3003-ND). I wonder if someone else makes a sub....