Gamming Tech's

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
AJames

Gamming Tech's

Post by AJames »

Retired Electronics Tech! Bored! New to sight, but been a subscriber to Nuts and Volts seems like forever! What's involved in repairing cell phones and gaming consoles! I'm just looking for something to work on before my wife drives me crazy! And the only thing I see is "Cell phone and Gaming Tech" needed! I was just learning electronics when the "6LQ6" came out and have kept up with "most electronics" until 2008. Is there a site somewhere to familiarize with the new "Hot" electronics! Thanks, AJames :(
ltx71cm

Re: Gamming Tech's

Post by ltx71cm »

As far as replacing "large" parts of modern cell phones and gaming systems you can follow guides on this site http://www.ifixit.com/. If you're more looking to repair logic boards I'd look elsewhere. The parts in modern phones and game consoles are so dense and small anyone without expensive equipment or a ridiculously steady hand doesn't stand a chance. Not to be Debbie downer or anything...

If I missed the mark with my answer I'll gladly give it another go.

Welcome to the site by the way, I'm sure everyone enjoys new members. :)
AJames

Re: Gamming Tech's

Post by AJames »

I am lucky enough to have some of the expensive repair equipment that we used on our digital repairs! I just hate to let it collect cobwebs! I enjoyed the troubleshooting aspect of the digital circuits! Thanks for the reply! Just trying to find something to "repair"!