Looking for phone patch

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jimandy

Looking for phone patch

Post by jimandy »

I am looking for an assembled phone patch. Although I could build one with a cheap RS transformer and a few parts - probably for less than $10.00, I hate the mechanical part, wiring the parts together with audio and RJ 11 jacks, etc.

I see a widely sold model -(ROLLS P19) that is available from various sellers between $40.00 - $50.00 but it looks like much of the cost is in gold plated plugs, etc.

Does anyone know of any comparable alternative, or have one no longer used lying around for cheap?
"if it's not another it's one thing."
ltx71cm

Re: Looking for phone patch

Post by ltx71cm »

jimandy

Post by jimandy »

I have something like that from Radio Shack. It is used for recording both sides of a phone conversation but it does not allow you to inject audio back into the phone line from an external audio source as an audio patch does.
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

Actually, ltx71cm, you are right. The RS device I have looks like the same thing from the picture, but is designed to turn on a recorder via the remote control jack when the connected phone goes off-hook. But RS also sells the same unit that you linked me which is for both recording and playing back through the telephone handset, (RS43-1237) and their manual mentions that you can play back recorded DTMF tones to dial another phone. At abt $20.00 it still is a bit pricey. The OEM for this device sells through others for around $11.00 but, after shipping, brings it up to abt $20.00.
fripster

Post by fripster »

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18869

these prices can't be beaten!

fripster
Once a WireHead, Always a WireHead