Looking for CS209AYN8 chips

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Roach

Looking for CS209AYN8 chips

Post by Roach »

Proximity Detectors, 8pin dips, but would take a few surface mounts.<p>I would like to pick some of these discontinued chips up, without ordering massive qty's. Anyone know where I can get some? Thanks.
paulrevelcet

Re: Looking for CS209AYN8 chips

Post by paulrevelcet »

not to long ago I came across this site and the author says he has some of them for sale, not sure how old the page is, might be worth a look.[URL=http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects ... CS209A.htm]
ajc-28

Post by ajc-28 »

Newark-in-one has stock on the CS209A chip but not in DIP form. Their minimum order is $25.00. The phone number is 1-888-467-0797.
Roach

Post by Roach »

Thanks to both of you. The first link I am already aware of, but I appreciate the help anyhow. His article is the reason I am now looking for the chip. The Newark connection is in process as we speak. The chips are located offshore and some dealing is in order. <p>The prime source and I both had a chuckle today as he said "Now that the chips are no longer in production, we are getting many calls for the part!!" Well this 8 pin chip does a lot of work.<p>Regards and thanks again.