Irritant venting

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Re: Irritant venting

Post by frhrwa »

I think Whitfield Pellet stoves are more interesting...
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Yes,..... and that thread moved like cold honey!
Ian, you’re the one pulling your foot out.<p>[ May 19, 2005: Message edited by: Chris Smith ]</p>
Will

Post by Will »

ian,
You may never have CONFUSED the two - but you clearly never UNDERSTOOD the difference - and now the whole forum knows it - As I quoted R Burns to you - Speak up and dispel all doubt . . this is an extract from your posting of your posting of May 07 11.37 am . " . . install a 10kWH system at 0.4 per kW for a total of $4,000 . . ." shows that you understand neither the units, nor the math.
I don't know what you mean by ' bugger off ' but I assume it's something to do with buggery, which of course, you being you and your origins would understand better than I.
I will not waste any more time with you - it's all a waste because you can't even understand plain, simple English.
BB
ian

Post by ian »

Will, the only reason you think I confused the two is because you don't read the posts, understand the information, or do any research for your argument.
If you did any of the above you'd know.......<p>I presented a volume of numbers on kWh and W and Wh under various scenarios...<p>In regards to the example above the .40 is the number YOU suggested in the post previous to mine. I took YOUR number IN THAT CONTEXT of .40 cents per watt. <p>I even explained it AGAIN to you as a misplaced "H". If you would do one iota of investigation you'd realize it makes perfect sense.
Let me do it for you since you're so indolent.
Here's the quote.....<p>" . . install a 10kWH system at 0.4 per kW for a total of $4,000 . . ." <p>Now let me move the "H" and "k"
" . . install a 10kW system at 0.4 per W for a total of $4,000 . . ." <p>My response was in response to YOU and IT WAS YOUR OWN VALUE.
Here's what YOU STATED.......
"a reasonable proposition of 40 cents per Watt - Which I assume to mean capital cost of a generating facility."
I responded to your post and used the SAME number to which you seem endlessly confused. Don't be so confused Will, IT'S YOUR NUMBER.<p>Since there's no such thing as a 10kWh generator surely you could figure out I meant a 10kW generator? Or are you too stupid for that too?<p>Besides the immediate info there is a myriad of info on estimated costs of kW and kWh from me. You took one typo on one post and focus on that to prove your point?<p>[ May 19, 2005: Message edited by: ian ]</p>
Will

Post by Will »

Ian,
Congratulations, after my repeating my points three times you have finally gone back, read your post, realised what I meant and responded, Now you are claiming your excuse as typo's when none of the subject keys are adjacent to each other.
I am not, as you claim, stupid. I could prove that easily, but not to you becuase you clearly do not possess what it takes to follow the logic of a proof.
As to your errors being typo's - it seems somewhat odd that you have been using and repeating the same mistakes (With non-adjacent keys) for some time before I came on the scene i.e
Apr 28 12.37 pm . . .if 200,000,000 bought a 6kWH (not kWh) system . . .
Apr 28 0400 pm . . .my 6kWH inverter . . .
also in same post . . . electricity at 1000 watts per hour (With small 'w' for Watts)
Apr 25 11.49 am . . . 425 watt/hours per day
same day .... 10,000 watt/hours per day . . .
Energy units are Watt.hours i.e. Watt period hours - a '/' (slash/oblique) between units is used as a sign for a divisor e.g. lbf/sec means pounds divided by seconds or pounds per second - so watt/hours per day means Watts per hours per day ???
You are fond of using the expression 'BS' and that is exactly what it is when you make the same errors of comprehension repeatedly and then claim them to be 'typos'
Please don't respond to this last message. So to do will simply advertise your shortcomings to a greater degree and entertain your contemporaries.
BB
ian

Post by ian »

Well Will, it looks like you're finally making an effort, you actually looked into the posts.
It's a shame you only looked for spelling errors in order to support your "leap" that I don't understand a kW from a kWh. <p>Unfortunately a spelling error doesn't prove anything at all. Do you have a shred of evidence, proof, suggestion, hint, I misunderstood the two terms? Besides a spelling error?<p>I certainly have PROOF YOU did. But do you have anything besides a spelling error that I did?<p>Here's what you said...."40 cents per Watt - Which I assume to mean capital cost of a generating facility."
No Will, the capitol cost of a solar system is $8 a watt, which works out to about 40 cents a kWh. <p>As for proof I misunderstood the terms, can you point out a blatant math or value error like the one YOU made? I posted a great deal of mathematics on costs of a solar system, can you find any numbers inconsistent with the (capital) cost of a kW?, or a kWh?. Go ahead Will, try and find something other than a simple spelling error to support your statements.<p>I will admit I was sloppy with the "W"'s, that's all. Your argument is quite weak considering the extensive mathematics, estimated costs, estimated power generation I've posted in many of the threads. It looks like all you've done here is cherry pick spelling mistakes. Can you do better than that? I've posted a lot of numbers for you, surely you can put together a better case?<p>Maybe you could put a case together as good as mine that YOU'RE the one who mixed up kW and kWh!<p>[ May 20, 2005: Message edited by: ian ]</p>