touch-tone telephone voice user interfaces.VUI,IVR

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
vinod

touch-tone telephone voice user interfaces.VUI,IVR

Post by vinod »

I am doing a tele-switch project.
I want to increase its functionality by incorporating one touch-tone VUI circuit.
My aim is to inform the caller that---
'phone is in device-mode, enter your PIN number to log in '

Can anybody help me by presenting any circuits or ICs that can manipulate my requirement ?
@VinodQuilon
Externet

Re: touch-tone telephone voice user interfaces.VUI,IVR

Post by Externet »

Any telephone chip can have its microphone input muted or enabled to do so.

Why do we have to guess whatever you think VUI, IVR mean ?

Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Do you have any microcontroller experience? With a uC it's a straight forward project. You need a voice recorder chip or ADC and EEPROM with pre-recorded prompts, circuitry to detect ringing and off-hook conditions, a way to take the phone off hook and a DTMF decoder or decoding through software. Once you have those requirements fulfilled it's a simple task to hook them all together. When the phone rings the uC takes the phone off hook and plays the intro sound clip and waits for user DTMF input. The uC can either drop the call after no input for a period of time or re-prompt them. If a user does provide input the uC maintains the menu tree posistion and prompts/authenticates along the way. Each new jump in through the menu triggers a different sound clip. The uC can output a signal if needed to trigger a different circuit once certain conditions are met.

Edit: The output of the ADC or ISD does of course need proper telephone interface components, schematics can be found on the net.
Davids

Davids

Post by Davids »

technology is exploring very fast at light speed.
samsameer

Post by samsameer »

I am doing a tele-switch project.
I want to increase its functionality by incorporating one touch-tone VUI circuit.
My aim is to inform the caller that---