Gmail

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
bridgen

Gmail

Post by bridgen »

I have, in other forums, come across several requests for Gmail invitations.<p>Can anyone explain what the fascination with Gmail is?
cato

Re: Gmail

Post by cato »

Mostly a huge amount of free storage. Currently it is over 2GIG and climbing. Its great if you want to archive a mailing list or two. Also, the interface is way faster than Hotmail. You can search your emails with google like speed.. It automatically groups threads together...yadda yadda yadda....
Mike

Post by Mike »

gmail has gone public now, there is no point in paying for invitations. Just go to www.gmail.com<p>Personally, though, I like the email I get from my DSL service. It's a fancy yahoo account. I get 2gigs, and also pop3 support. I hate webmail so I would never want gmail. if you have a web service with a decent pop3 mailbox and also a copy of outlook, i think you would prefer it much more.
Mike

Post by Mike »

i take that back. I thought it went public, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry!<p>either way, in my opinion, it's a waste of money to pay for an invite.
cato

Post by cato »

No need to pay for an invite. Just send me an email, i'll send you one for free.