Free TV Schematics

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Robert Reed

Re: Free TV Schematics

Post by Robert Reed »

HELP
Darrel M - Well opened set up and cleaned it up. A visual examination reveals nothing unusual. will try a few basic checks. However, I would like to take you up on your offer to E-Mail me the schematic. Probably just need the power flow circuitry. I have had this problem on one other set, an older Zenith and in that case it was the microprocessor. A $50 chip whose only defect is that it would not recognize the 'power on' code. everything else on it worked fine. What a bummer!
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

bob scott >> i have a handful of them type of resistors.. they do actually have the holes in them.
but i only see them in 1 watt and up.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Thank You Darrell for that print. Set repaired and working fine now.
alexis

Post by alexis »

If some one needs a TV. schematic diagrams/service manuals, you can try this site http://www.my.elecronicshelponline.com they have a list of diagrams for free, I'd tried it once and they sent me one, my friend just told me about this site. hope this help for someone needs a free diagram.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

That link is not pointing to anything valid. Could you correct it please?
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
mjanemm

Post by mjanemm »

For free TV Schematics, go to http://www.my.electronicshelponline.com/
Good luck!
northern1

Post by northern1 »

I have been chasing a power problem just like this and searching for the schematic.
Darrell M if you are available, help with the diagram would be greatly appreciated.

"I have repaired a few of the RCA TX825 tv,s with the symptom of not wanting to turn on. I have always found it to be a bad standby regulator transistor TP15. It is easy to spot because the heat from it has darkened the pc board. Its collector is fed by unfiltered pulses through some resistors from the "cold" side of the AC line and regulates to about 10v in standby mode, then it feeds a 5v regulator transistor. The RCA part no. of TP15 is 198752 which I've never found a cross reference for, but I've been using a 2SD986 which is a higher power darlington and seems to work fine.I have a Sams PF for a TX825TC which is probably similar to your TV. If you need more information I could send you a copy."