Building a metal Detector

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Roach

Building a metal Detector

Post by Roach »

Anyone have some good quality schematics for a decent Metal Detector? I don't want a BFO, or other noise maker. I am looking for some high end stuff. VLF in the 2.5khz-30khz range, or maybe even a pulse induction unit.<p>Anyone have information on the Goldpic3 board/pic chip pulse machine made in South Africa?<p>Were there any articles about using a STAMP board to make a metal detector?<p>These boxes that sell for $500 can't be that complciated that an average hacker is precluded from building one. I hope.
Externet

Re: Building a metal Detector

Post by Externet »

Hi.
Put your bib on. This is the best place I know of :<p>http://www.thunting.com/cgi-bin/geotech ... ojects.dat<p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
carlm

Post by carlm »

I run the Geotech site Miguel mentioned. I have a PI project posted, and am now migrating it to PIC. Also a heaping gob of magazine project articles, including some decent VLF. And a few commercial schematics.<p>I built the GoldPic3, info also on my web site. Also have a Tech forum for discussions.<p>Regards,
Carl
Roach

Post by Roach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Externet:
Hi.
Put your bib on. This is the best place I know of : Thank you Miguel, I appreciate the tip. I asked for help on Detector/Treasure site, ,no replies.. This site is great!! :-))<p>http://www.thunting.com/cgi-bin/geotech ... &file=proj ects.dat<p>Miguel
<hr></blockquote>
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hello Carl. It is an honor to have you around.<p>As of a lunatic idea; what would be your opinion on a MickeyMouse contraption marrying together the LCD display and timing guts from a consumer echosounder/fish finder and some amateur radio linear power amplifier with enough glue to come up with a cheap ground penetrating radar device ?<p>The intention is bringing the price down with existing consumer equipment, using an amateur transceiver and a echosounder. No PC computers please !<p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -