High Output LED arrays

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Mike6158

High Output LED arrays

Post by Mike6158 »

If you're looking for something with just a bit more power than the average LED, check these guys out.<p>Lamina<p>Their LED arrays are rated in Lumens. Some are rated in the 100's of lumens and they all require a heat sink... Incandescent bulbs are slowly going to go away...
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
Chris Smith

Re: High Output LED arrays

Post by Chris Smith »

If you really want to tweak it, try nano seconds, at 100 amps.......
philba

Post by philba »

I didn't see any pricing information. That usually means wildly expensive. I agree that that the days of changing light bulbs are numbered. Lets just hope it's well short of my remaining lifespan...<p>Now, if they can just come up with a solid state lamp for my projector, I'll be happy. At $250 a pop (pun intended), it gets very painful.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

geez! qhat kind of projector you got? drive-in movie theater?<p>how long do they last?
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Ouch... You have to follow their link to Mouser, Digikey, et. el.<p>Their price will make you go WHAT before you invest in their Watts :D <p>Lamina on Digikey's Site<p>[ January 07, 2005: Message edited by: NE5U ]</p>
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
Tparker

Post by Tparker »

Check out this, 450 lumens in a 2.5"X2.5" footprint:Luexon Flood
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dacflyer:
geez! qhat kind of projector you got? drive-in movie theater?<p>how long do they last?<hr></blockquote><p>You had to ask the question - my favorite rant subject...<p>Its a simple little sony HS10, 250W lamp - lists for $3K new. As PJs go, its middle of the pack. I project an 8' wide image with it. The lamps are supposed to last about 2000 hrs but its really closer to 1000. The problem is that every model of PJ (even from the same company) uses a different lamp so there is absolutely no economy of scale and no competition. List price of the lamp for my unit is $400. Some heavy shopping can find it for $250. <p>I wasn't joking about "pop". The last one that went out on me with with a loud BAM! It was so loud that my father in law heard in in another part of the house.