H.U.D.

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
cjwerks

H.U.D.

Post by cjwerks »

I'm a new user. I'm looking for info on a Heads Up Display for a car. I need to find board lay out, anything to help my project.<p> Thanks
Clay Watson
Kustom Kar Audio
Boulder, CO
Chris Smith

Re: H.U.D.

Post by Chris Smith »

Have you worked out the laser portion?
cjwerks

Post by cjwerks »

Thanks for the response. No I have not. I'm new to this kind of projected infomation.
I was told that a high out put LED segment would work, but I'm not sure that info was correct.
Clay Watson
Kustom Kar Audio
Boulder, CO
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

Is this what you are wanting to build? Heads up display if so then 279.00 for a working unit might not be that bad, once you have the unit you could reverse engineer it.
cjwerks

Post by cjwerks »

Thank you! I think that may help. any other info would be great. BTW, how did you find that site? I've been looking but was unable to come up with anything helpful. if anyone has any more tips, that would be great!<p>Thanks again.<p>-C
Clay Watson
Kustom Kar Audio
Boulder, CO
cjwerks

Post by cjwerks »

has anyone heard of an H.U.D. build kit?
Clay Watson
Kustom Kar Audio
Boulder, CO
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

Do a search on ebay for Heads up display, you might be surprised what you find.
cjwerks

Post by cjwerks »

I looked on ebay, and didn't find much that would help. what about just a simple high out put LED segment? is there some way to get a system layout? I'm great with motorization,but this is my first time trying to put something like this together. So, sorry for any stupid questions. If I can get my hands on some info I can teach myself very fast.<p>Thanks again,<p>-C
Clay Watson
Kustom Kar Audio
Boulder, CO
philba

Post by philba »

I have seen transmissive LCD panels (they use them in LCD projectors) and older ones that overlayed the old style conference room projectors. I'm sure something must have leaked into the surplus market. You might also look into getting an old projector and gutting it.<p>I'm not sure how easy it is to drive one of those things.