VECTOR MAXX SST 1200 WATT POWER INVERTER REMOTE

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
moe

VECTOR MAXX SST 1200 WATT POWER INVERTER REMOTE

Post by moe »

Does anyone know or have the wiring for a remote switch for a Vector power inverter? The unit has a RJ11 on the front panel to plug in the remote switch.They sell these switches for around $38.00 I have looked and cannot find and remote plans to wire a remote switch for this inverter or cobra model that look the same. I feel I could build one for much less cost switch and a old phone cord 4-5 dollars at best.
Thanks
Moe
haklesup

Re: VECTOR MAXX SST 1200 WATT POWER INVERTER REMOTE

Post by haklesup »

Your going to have to open the case and look which wires are used at the RJ connector. Most likely you will either have to short two wires together or ground one of them. Probably won't hurt the unit to just short these wires together and see if you can disable it. I assume its default enabled with no wire connected.

If you don't want to or can't open it then try measuring resistance from each conductor to case ground or black wire. I suspect 2 wires will be open, one will have resistance and one will be ground but I might be wrong so proceed cautiously.

Does that brand have a product support hotline. Worth a call.
dacflyer

Re: VECTOR MAXX SST 1200 WATT POWER INVERTER REMOTE

Post by dacflyer »

my 1800 watt xantrex inverter uses the same RJ-11 connector, but it goes to a box, that has a digital display and on/off switch.
not sure if yours is just a switch or more...