electromagnetic question??? help!!

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
justin6133

electromagnetic question??? help!!

Post by justin6133 »

currently, i have a project need to calculate the force in between iron-cored solenoid and NeFeB permanent magnet. The permanent magnet is 20mm diameter with 10mm thickness, and the iron-cored solenoid with 5mm diamemter, length is 20mm, 968 number of turns of coil, with 1.5Ampere. the gap in between iron-cored solenoid and permanent magnet is 5mm. can anyone tell me how to calculate the maximum force in between these two parameters? or can anyone tell me that where is the forum has discuss about electromagnetism. thanks....!!!!
rshayes

Re: electromagnetic question??? help!!

Post by rshayes »

By far the easiest method is to set up the parts and measure the force.<p>Calculating the force requires a knowledge of the magnetic fields set up by the magnet and the solenoid. Entire books have been written about roughly estimating these fields. They can be calculated on a computer using a method called finite element analysis. The software for this type of analysis can cost several thousand dollars or more. Setting the problem up might take several hours even with good software.<p>Its easiest to simply try it out.