Schematic Software

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Buford

Schematic Software

Post by Buford »

What's a good, easy-to-use shareware/freeware program for creating electronic circuit schematic diagrams? I would like one which will provide graphic output in a common format, such as GIF.<p>Thanks!
desterline

Re: Schematic Software

Post by desterline »

I like the freeware version of Eagle
www.cadsoft.de <p>The schematic tools integrate nicely with the PCB layout tools.<p>The free version is limmited to one-page schematics (not a serious limitation for the hobbiest) and a certain size for the PCB. (also not to bad for the hobbiest)<p>Denny
sundancer87

Post by sundancer87 »

Nice looking software but when I try to install it with XP it says it's not a valid win32 app. Does that mean it isn't written for XP and won't run under the NTFS?
I checked the requirements and it says it will run under the latest Windows versions.<p>It's been d/l many times so it must be a local problem.<p>I d/l it again and it installed w/o problem. Must have been gremlins in the data stream.........<p>[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: sundancer87 ]<p>[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: sundancer87 ]</p>
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Yes Eagle is a nice program. I don't know if it can output in GIF format but you can "export" as a bitmap.<p>Bob :cool:
-=VA7KOR=- My solar system includes Pluto.
wd5gnr

Post by wd5gnr »

Speaking of Eagle, be sure to check out my latest book. It includes the free version of Eagle on CD and covers using it for schematic capture and board layout. In addition, it talks about creating libraries, building your own boards, or sending them out to a service bureau. Literally, hot off the press from McGraw Hill.<p>Find it on Amazon
toejam

Post by toejam »

go to www.expresspcb.com. They will provide you with a download that allows you to draw a schematic and link it to a program that allows you to construct a board layout. If you want them to make you one that you designed they will do it too. They have a great special on approx. 3 by 5 boards.
toejam

Post by toejam »

try www.expresspcb.com will find what you need there.