OBD II Scan Tool using PIC micro

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
cato

Post by cato »

Chris Smith wrote:Back in the 80s, we plugged in a light bulb and counted the pulses. 3-2-3

Then we looked in the book for the code?

Has this changed?
Just a tad. Now your car keeps tabs on everything you do. Our EPA test has gone from a probe up the tail pipe and 5 minutes on a dynamometer to a connection to the ODBII port. The feds squeese the connector pins abu grab style until the car spills its guts about all the CO, CO2 and SO4 its produced..... If the FEDs like the answer.... you get to drive for another two years..... if not.... its off to the mechanic with you.

There is an insurance company that will give you lower rates if you agree to let them talk to your OBDII port and they like what they hear....If they find out you were doing 70 for 20 minutes last thursday, they adjust your rates accordingly....

https://tripsense.progressive.com/faq.aspx

nice eh?
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
jlarson43

Shameless self promotion...

Post by jlarson43 »

Dear Friends:

I know this post is off-topic, but I wanted to attract some attention to a forum topic I started called "Virtual Digital Circuits." It includes a poll question, and already has generated a few spirited responses.

Come join the fun!

Regards
James Larson
Programmer/Analyst Consultant
http://www.dst-corp.com/james
In God We Trust...
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless