model servo controller

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

model servo controller

Post by dacflyer »

this question may have been asked before...i have many servos and r/c controllers..i am looking for a wired servo controller...not r/c.
i want to make a controller so i can control then via a wired potientometer.. i will need full swing and limit settings or be at least able to set the potientometer so that full scale will = full swing of the servo,,,so as to not over step the bounds of the servo....i have heard that one can be easily made, but i do not know where to find such a schematic,,,any help is appereciated thanx..... no comments from bodgy either,, your never a help...
josmith

Re: model servo controller

Post by josmith »

Any circuit that can output a pulse of .5 to 2.5 ms will control the servo. Repetition rate is not important but around 100 hz is good for smooth operation.<p>A couple of 555 timers or of course a basic stamp will do it.<p>I'm assuming the bodgy thing was a private joke.
unknown_entity

Post by unknown_entity »

If you are using it for an RC car or something similar the make radios that have a direct output(Just a link cable between the radio and the transmitter) so you can control all the servos on the car (hard wired) without using any RF.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

not using for any r/c cars... building me a pan/tilt device for a micro cam..using 2 servos and a 2 axis joy stick,,, just need the controller part...
Edd

Post by Edd »

dacflyer de jetflyer:
See if this circuitry would be of any help. Seems like a little bit of mechanical torque would be necessary in that application, unless you take full advantage of Zero axis center of gravity. Or you’re employing a “Lipstick” type of camera !. Circuitry site is:
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/ ... rciser.htm

73’s de Edd
eddw35@attbi (Interstellar ~~~ Warp~~~~Speed)
[email protected] (Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

thanx, i will look at that site...
the cam is a small micro cam, no sweat for a servo
i will reply later to see if its any help,,thanx