Metal Enclosures

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
QUINNQUIXOTE

Metal Enclosures

Post by QUINNQUIXOTE »

Anybody know a good source for NICE metal enclosures - either Aluminum or stainless steel with a nice finish, suitible for display purposes? Don't tell me to check out Mouser or Digikey, I already have...... :p
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Re: Metal Enclosures

Post by frhrwa »

email [email protected] Nick manages a manufacture of metal things.. just get him the drawing, dimensions, or whatever and see what he says.. so far, he's made everything I've asked for.. good guy to know...
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
russlk

Post by russlk »

Zero cases are nice. Don't recall their URL.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

As you probably have seen from the catalogs you mentioned, BUDD is a popular Brand. Hammond amkes stuff too but mostly industrial.<p>Whenever I am not sure of the best vendor, I turn to a buying guide like <p>www.thomasregional.com
or
www.electronicssourcebook.com<p>for lists of manufacturers segregated by product.<p>Just like a search engine, try serach terms like "enclosure" or "cabenet"<p>You will have to register but it is free
QUINNQUIXOTE

Post by QUINNQUIXOTE »

Thanks for the input. I had already contacted Zero for some information, wasn't sure how much they were going to charge for their stuff, particularly for only a couple units.