Making hydrogen from water & DC

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Chris Smith

Re: Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by Chris Smith »

Did she study photonics like you?
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by stephen:
My mother had an old saying about the pot calling the kettle black.<hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, that thought came to my mind, too. <p>Also, I recall one of my dad's expressions: something about Suinae and feces...
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

The only question here at the Forum is “are they learning anything? <p>So many pretend and profess, but forgot to do their college work or home studies. <p>They think the college of google can pass them off for the rel thing.<p>But there is a silver lining in even this, its good humor watching the fish flop around.

Like the dead Prez once said, “it is better to keep silent in fear of making a fool out of your self than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”.
Gorgon

Post by Gorgon »

Hi Stephen,
I started on a reply to you some days ago, but never found the time to finish it. So her we go.
You were indeed correct, and I must admit that I did search on the 'wave' instead of the correct 'tidal' word in Norwagian. :o
But I found the site, and I have read about it before. It was started in november 2003, for a two year test and evaluation period. It is only one generator producing power for some 30 households.
Here is the link to an infopage: http://www.e-tidevannsenergi.com/index.htm .
The comments about the cold is also valid up here, on the inland plateau it is not uncommon to have temperature around the -50's (centigrade) in the winter. Still, most of Norway's coastline is icefree in the winter. The reason for this is the Golf stream and its warm waters. That is also the reason for the relative warm summers we have.<p>TOK ;)
Gorgon the Caretaker - Character in a childrens TV-show from 1968. ;)
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

I'm on the Pacific coast of the United States. We have th e opposite situation here. A cold current from the north cools the coast and the interior is hotter (120 farenheit, 50 centigrade) in the summer. The big electrical load here is air conditioning rather than heating.<p>The tidal generators seem to be one of the better alternative energy sources. They are more predictable than wind power and a much higher duty cycle and higher efficiency than solar energy. The main problem is probably the slack period when the tide is changing. It sounds like the solution for that in Norway would be to use hydroelectric power to power the grid during this period. By combining the two, it should be possible to expand electric generation by a factor of 8 or so. That would be a comfortable safety margin for the future or would allow Norway to specialize in energy intensive industries or to sell more electric power to the rest of Europe.
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

"Pure crap.
ALL frequencies of Light will impart its energy regardless of how many molecules are present, and at what energy level they may reside at. <p>The only difference of affect is what interaction takes place. Like a fly hitting the windshield, photons strike and impart their energy with no relative change to the windshield. <p>Photons merely absorb into matter, may or may not change anything in the process, and re-radiate back out in the form of heat or energy."<p>
Dear me Chris, The above is a quote from you.
Just exactly which statement is scientifically provable and does not contradict a preceding statement.<p>What you desire is for a complete description which would then reveal proprietary information.
You would then sit in judgement as the ruler of all odd knowledge and make your pronouncement that it was "old" knowledge.<p>Your puffery is plutoperfect.<p>You see at one time you made statements to indicate that this is impossible. Can't be done.
Now you call it old knowledge.<p>What will you claim when the machine is in front of you?<p>That day will come because these machines will be placed in many places where people understand that somethings are not understood but are useful.<p>For instance: do you have such knowledge as to describe exactly what energy is? Or, are you like the rest of us and just happy to use it even when it cannot be described?
sofaspud

Post by sofaspud »

<begin quote>
"Running sea water through this system will produce 1,000,000 gals/day potable water, 10 MWh,and 1,000,000 cubic feet of Hydrogen and the metals and minerals in the sea water.<p>Go ahead now. On your mark, get set, tell me it can't be done."
<end quote><p>I won't say it can't be done. Those round figures above do help make me suspicious though. And claiming the system will produce the metals and minerals in sea water, as if beneficial, when in reality that will likely be a waste product called "sludge"...
That and some physics course lecture notes are all that I've gotten out of this thread. Exacting detail with proprietary information isn't necessary, but some further explanation would be nice. I'll be waiting in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

The "sludge" is not a sludge. The metals come out in powder form(elemental form). The round numbers are used because the source of the seawater determines what comes out. The salt content determines the amount of electricity produced.<p>Therefore, when "cleaning up" brackish underground water one must add salt to obtain the electricity desired. Salt is an electrolyte.<p>You will receive knowledge of where to go see it in operation. The first ones may be outside the USA.<p>The amazing thing to me is to see the large amount of hydrogen produced and then have someone say that the explanation of what is happening can not be done. The production of hydrogen with out added heat or pressure should be an indication of something being done that is not usual.<p>I can appreciate your questions and I am grateful for you attitude. <p>The reverse osmosis system in use around the world presently leaves about one gallon of very salty water for every gallon of clean water. There is also a great deal of salty sludge that is left. Plus the screens must be cleaned properly and very offten and the content of the sea water changes. So you will see the immense problems with that system.<p>All the products from the system I am speaking of are valuable and there fore do not pollute.<p>There are no moving parts. A 1,000,000/gal/day unit will wegh about 400 tons (400 tons). Most of the unit is metal plates taking the free electrons from the water.<p>Each unit has 20 cells. Each cell is 4'X8'X8'. Each cell is on 4 rubber tires with a tongue.
Looks like a steel box. The plates are aligned similar to a car battery separated by a gasket.<p>The metals used are mild steel, copper and aluminum, with some stainless steel.<p>The footprint is about 125'X125' covered with a steel building.<p>One man can operate the plant onsite and the only tool he will need is a broom.<p>Monitoring will be done by satellite.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Slingshot, that’s 19 times worth of hot air so far. <p>Do come back when your a zillion-air. <p>Right now the only Air you have is the hot kind.<p>I doubt you know how much energy strikes the earth let alone how much of it is UV, I doubt you understand the interaction of sea water and UV, and you certainly don’t know why UV and sea water don’t react on a high level.<p>Its Because your only education about photons, photonics research, and power conversions comes from you gleaning the college of google.<p>But I will give you one lesson today, salt water and UV don’t inter-react very well and there is no substantial break down that occurs for a reason. <p>NOW,... can you google it? <p>Yeah keep pretending like you understand the quanta of energy states. <p>Lets hear it for 20?
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

One important point about this machine is no moving parts.<p>The really important part is at the front end. The 'black' box that energizes the photons. The rest of the machine is just retrieving electrons from the water and retrieving the metals and minerals and the dead viruses and pathogens. <p>That is what I have been doing by giving the info from web sites on how photons are able to break the bond between atoms with out heat or pressure. Just get the photon to the correct frequency. You see all the responses have been that such an event is impossible or it can't be done that way. <p>I have dealt with several major inventors that worked for Mobil and Texas Instuments. They did not have a degree. One had never attended a college.<p>The inventor of this system got it from a man that worked with him in the lab of a mining company.<p>It turns out that when the man was young he was the interpreter between Oppenhiemer and Teller in the Manhattan Project. You see those two men did not like each other and had to have someone between them so they could speak to each other.<p>A system had been used to separate U235 from U238 and had produced 95-98% purity but that was not good enough. <p>Well the present inventor worked for years to develop the system to do what he does now.
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

"Right now the only Air you have is the hot kind.<p>I doubt you know how much energy strikes the earth let alone how much of it is UV, I doubt you understand the interaction of sea water and UV, and you certainly don’t know why UV and sea water don’t react on a high level.<p>Its Because your only education about photons, photonics research, and power conversions comes from you gleaning the college of google.<p>But I will give you one lesson today, salt water and UV don’t inter-react very well and there is no substantial break down that occurs for a reason."<p>
At no time did I say anything about the interaction of UV and seawater.<p>I have consistently mentioned exciting a photon up to the frequency or the harmonic of the frequency of an electron in a certain element such as hydrogen in the water molecule.<p>There is no way any one can do what you are speaking of.<p>This is not done using sunlight.<p>Remember I am not the inventor. Neither are you. I can understand why you are not.<p>Wonder why colleges and Universities around the World are so hooked in the internet and are using Google Scholar??? The answer is that to be able to use Google is like walking into the largest library in the world and have anything I wonder about at my fingertips in seconds. And I could be in the outback of Australia or in Cambridge. Now dinegrate Google somemore if you would please.<p>You are assuming that the only educated people in the world have graduated from a University. Is that a good assumption? <p>Did it work in your case???
sofaspud

Post by sofaspud »

Again, slingshot, you post about how this machine slices and dices and its numerous other wonders, and your messages read more like sales copy rather than scientific essay.
"One important point about this machine is no moving parts."
This machine is sooo fabulous that sea water will flow uphill just to get inside the "black box."
"The "sludge" is not a sludge. The metals come out in powder form(elemental form)."
OK, it's a dry sludge. And what do you mean, "elemental form"? It breaks down those compounds, too?
"You will receive knowledge of where to go see it in operation. The first ones may be outside the USA."
Won't this be headline news? The statement really sounds like something from 'Mission Impossible' (and is a real credibility killer).
"One man can operate the plant onsite and the only tool he will need is a broom.
Monitoring will be done by satellite."
More sales copy...
"The inventor of this system got it from a man that worked with him in the lab of a mining company."
Well, now just who is the inventor?
Truth is a Goliath of an opponent, slingshot.
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

What is your problem?<p>You can't take an answer? You must attack me and not the proposition I put forth.<p>The ability at discourse here is limited by the ability to raise one's eyebrow in a mocking turn of phrase.<p>I am obviously outclassed.<p>I am obviously daring to speak to my superiors.<p>May I retreat in terror from such superior force?<p>You ain't seen nuthin yet!<p>And you won't recognize it if you see it.<p>You will just believe some newspaper article printed on Google about what some salesman said :)
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

Could you imagine that with a name like slingshot I may have dealt with a Goliath a time or maybe.. two and... a... half?
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

AND does SOFASPUD indicate you have handled some might Monsters too??? Uhhmmmmmm??