Making hydrogen from water & DC

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
CeaSaR

Re: Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by CeaSaR »

You wanted the questions Slingshot, you've got them.<p>1. Who is this inventor? What are his credentials and what will you provide for us to verify them? (This means that YOU must give us the information or direct links to said information)<p>2. Where is this so called pilot plant? What is the contact information (name, address, phone number, etc.) for the owner/operator of said pilot plant?<p>3. If it can be completely examined and explained (except for the "Harmonic Resonance Generator"), where are the published papers? Where are the unpublished papers? Where are the papers?<p>4. If your inventor doesn't want to make any money off of said invention, why is he looking to give it to a utility company or city administration? Everyone knows that the aforementioned targets for said invention are not in the business of giving things away. Utility companies are there to provide a service, at a cost, to you the consumer. While you may think that a government gives things away, they have to get those things somewhere.
Were do they get them? From us, the taxpayer. No free ride from the target market.<p>5. "Bleeding edge" technology, regardless of where it comes from, has some sort of press associated with it. Anything that has the potential of this so called invention would have been heralded in the press as one of the greatest breakthroughs to come to mankind. Why is it that all through the process of discovery and development, this inventor didn't publish anything? If he did, it was either buried in the back pages of non-print or was completely dismissed because of lack of proof. Again, where are the papers?<p>6. In re-reading your posts, what struck me finally is that everything can be examined and explained, EXCEPT for the Harmonic Resonance Generator. Why is that? The people on this forum are a rather bright bunch. Many have given their credentials (some have worked for NASA and the space program - past and present, many others have stated their development work in some of the objects that you take for granted today - yet were thought of as cutting edge at the time, and still others have stated their schooling - graduate, post graduate and continuing), with which you should be able to see that they are not the average man. Maybe not Einstein, but not that far off either. Is this generator the real source of the inventor's possible income? Is that why he is "looking for reasonable places to install it"? To hook the companies/governments on the generator with him being the sole provider? Water is cheap, and probably most of the setup is generic, but the generator - THAT'S the real gem isn't it?<p>7. If the "Harmonic Resonance Generator" is the real secret to this whole operation, why hasn't the inventor applied for a patent or patents? If so, what are the numbers? Remember, these can be researched easily through the internet. Seems to me that a secret this big (read that as valuable) would need some kind of protection to keep it from falling into the hands of greedy big business. WAIT! The inventor wants to give it to them? Why is this a contradiction? Can you answer that? The rest of us can.<p>If the inventor really wants no money from this then he would release all information to the public, show them how they can make one for themselves and show them how to get rid of the "greedy power companies" et. al., and release his wonder to the world. <p>
Your turn Slingshot. Be prepared to really give out the information or show yourself as the charlatan you seem to be.<p>
CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Sterling Martin

Post by Sterling Martin »

I'm afraid that this post is going to go on forever!?! All because a wanna-be conman says he can get 10 megawatts out of a horse trailer!?! I don't understand why anybody would give this guy the time of day. :(
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

"slingshot" Is a hallow sphere, the more you ask, you will notice, the less you get.<p> Flim flam operators are exactly like this. <p>The more you question, the more silent they become. <p>Notice the big technical question applied to me to define the words “empty words”, ...as if?<p>Real Rocket scientist at work there?<p>What these folks are doing is practicing their semantics, at our expense. <p>There is no rooster in the hen house today. <p>Just recordings of HBO on the sex channel.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

To paraphrase my last line, "Put up or shut up". If the former (doubt it), then the real info will finally be flowing. If the latter (probably), then a simple "I'm outta here!" will suffice.<p>Reminds me of the one issue of Poptronics where the psuedo-science chick had her 'Pyramid Power' article published, and the ensuing barrage of letters Larry Steckler had to contend with. IIRC, that went on for months!<p>CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sterling Martin:
I'm afraid that this post is going to go on forever!?! All because a wanna-be conman says he can get 10 megawatts out of a horse trailer!?! I don't understand why anybody would give this guy the time of day. :( <hr></blockquote><p>apparently, that's about all he's going to be getting from this crowd. I find the thread to be rather amusing...
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

CeaSar, et al,<p>I understood when I came on this site I would be dealing with people with technical and credentialed backgrounds. I saw reference to Dr. Richard Feynman. I have not read one post on this site, aimed at me that indicated a curious scientific mind. I have only seen unbelievably discourteous retorts.<p>I repeat that if there is someone connected to a utility or city administration and that utility or city administration desires to delve into this and see it in operation under there controled parameters, then further information and details would come forth.<p>The reference I made to the inventor not looking for money was in reference to a comment made that he would want money upfront. <p>The inventor will sign a contract with said entity to produce agreed to amount of electricity, or water, or hydrogen at agreed to rates.<p>You are stating things as if all inventors post papers on the internet and obtain patents.<p>This is not true. You may want to refer to NAFTA Chapter 11. The interpretation being given to this Chapter is detrimental to inventions made in the USA and then produced and sold in NAFTA(Canada, USA, Mexico). There are at this time a good number of new produces "invented" and produced outside the USA and imported into the USA.<p>All Patents are open to anyone desiring them. This allows for minor changes then being put on file and circumventing the intent of the patent laws to protect intellectual rights. <p>If one works for a large organization then the organization has legal means available to them for their protection which is out of the financial reach of individuals.<p>Richard Feynman was a man who would "listen" to new and different ideas with courtesy. Could it be that is an attitude that would be of use.<p>Your most humble whipping boy.
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

You haven't presented a credible idea. Richard Feynman wouldn't have given this the time of day.
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

Since this is not credible, I am outa here.<p>Allow me to knock the dust off my shoes.<p>Stay as sweet as you all are, Sweethearts.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

All those posts for nada. <p>Nada.... one thing did you bother to post, to back you up, like a true con artist til the end.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Well, his decision has been made. And I had a speech ready about how science procedures are well documented and should be followed. What a shame, if he'd only tried to answer some of the questions posed, he could've actually gotten this forum interested. Who wouldn't like to have what he promised? Se la vie.<p>CeaSaR<p>BTW, Slingshot, if you are still there, asking for corroborating evidence shows interest. We would've listened to you, but your refusal to cooperate in the exchange of information has made skeptics of those who are well practiced in the scientific method.
Hey, what do I know?
wolfcreek

Post by wolfcreek »

Sorry but the hydrogens are bonded to the oxygen quite strongly.
The equation:
2H2O -> 2H2 + O2 <p>The numbers: <p>The bond energy of the H-O bond is 110 kcal.
The bond energy of H-H bonds is 103 kcal.
The bond energy of the O=O bonds is 116 kcal.
The decomposition of 2 molecules of water requires breaking 4 H-O bonds and thus the input of 440 kcal.
The formation of 2 moles of hydrogen yields 206 kcal (2 x 103).
The formation of 1 mole of oxygen yields 116 kcal.
The difference between
the energy released (206 + 116 = 322 kcal) and
the energy consumed (4 x 110 = 440 kcal)
gives the net energy consumed - 118 kcal.<p>Now we have created an anti-energy machine. Anyone want to buy one from me. It is guaranteed to make you go broke. This is why the idea of hydrogen cars is a joke at this point in time.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Now THAT'S information! :D <p>Thank you WolfCreek.<p>CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
ian

Post by ian »

Hey slingshot, don't go away in a huff.......
just go away!
Slingshot says........
"I repeat that if there is someone connected to a I repeat that if there is someone connected to a utility or city administration and that utility or city administration desires to delve into this and see it in operation under there controled parameters, then further information and details would come forth.<p> and that utility or city administration desires to delve into this and see it in operation under there controled parameters, then further information and details would come forth."<p> Ok.........then why don't you do that?????
What the hell are you doing HERE????????
There's no shortage of "utility or city administration(s)" to approach!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!<p> Ian
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Ceasar is right. 5 pages of 'interested' posts. That said, I'm willing to wager WHERE the puppetmaster is hiding. I was reading on Masers, and astronomical masers containing water will 'maze' (the Indians call it 'corn'), at about 23.2 GHz. If the harmonic blah-blah is a nearby microwave source, it may yield enough input, and is out of the range of most RF sniffers.
To whomever figures the 'real' effect of the harmonizer, I'll post a direct-reply photo of me tipping my hat.
----------------------------------------------
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip ?
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
hercules_222

Post by hercules_222 »

I suppose that all of you have vehicles that operate at 100% volumetric efficiency or better. I do not know if the addition of hydrogen and oxygen to the intake mixture can increase fuel mileage, and I do not know if it will decrease the longevity of the engine, but I do know that the idea makes sense. <p>The hydrogen does not increase fuel mileage by burning alone, it simply provides for a more complete combustion, decreasing the amount of fuel that is wasted by burning in the catalytic converter. <p>As for "free energy" there is no such thing. This is not free energy. This is simply increasing the efficiency of an internal combustion engine, which is long overdue seeing as the average engine only uses 32% of the energy it produces, you must agree that there is definately room for improvement.<p>Again, I have never tried the ideas presented here and I do not have a Ph.D. in physics, but I do have one thing that most of you do not; an open mind.