Making hydrogen from water & DC

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Chris Smith

Re: Making hydrogen from water & DC

Post by Chris Smith »

Star trek is Sci fi, and PH, says all the rest.
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

"The photon is absorbed by an electron. The energy of the absorbed photon makes the electron oscillate in a series of swings past the point of zero force. During the time while the photon is arriving, each new pair of neg-pos adds speed to the swings, until the electron attains escape velocity. The atomic nucleus, which was bonded to the molecule by that electron, promptly joins the escaping electron."<p>
Without the use of heat or pressure you are looking at the description of how a photon will break an atom from a molecule. Yes there is the strong bond present, but the Photon 'excites' the electron to such an extent the electron escapes and then the nucleus of that atom escapes.<p>Therefore, you have just seen the mechanism to release Hydrogen from Water.
philba

Post by philba »

Appologies to Sherry Lewis...<p>This is the thread that never ends,
it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started typing it
not knowing what it was
and then they kept on typing it because
this is the thread that never ends...
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Therefore, you have just seen the mechanism to release Hydrogen from Water.<hr></blockquote><p>Was that a D cell or a C cell flashlight?
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Wow! Take 2 atoms of Hydrogen, add 1 atom of Chlorine and get 1 (count 'em, 1 ) atom of Hydrogen!!! All by adding light! What am I missing???<p>CeasaR<p>... and it goes on and on and on...
Hey, what do I know?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Coaxing the photon is the hard part, requiring almost as much BS as this thread generates, thus a net ZERO gain is also had.<p>Some people just keep posting nothing and expect a net return, much like their empty claims of producing more, from less.
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Okay, I got it! Ignore the energy creating photons, ignore the energy making pos-neg (the multi-gigaHertz resonance?), and you get free hydrogen plus residue made of elements that weren't in the water to begin with.<p>Where do I send my investment ... NOT<p>While everyone is in the mood, I've got a machine that makes gold. I'll even share the secret. To make 1 oz. of gold requires 50MW for the neutrino microscope, 1 lb. of plutonium for "free" neutrons, and 2 oz. platinum for base metal to be converted. So what, platinum costs more than gold? I never said doing it made sense did I? :p
Dale Y
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

When a dog says 'perspicacity', it still comes out 'woof'.
Read slingshot's last post. Unlike ping in a filter, which decays, his ping from the absorbed photon INCREASES. And this particular photon apparently increases in net energy after it's absorption by the electron. So, Dr.Feynman, you must have been wrong about the quantum-state energy of the photon. But wait, isn't a photon of greater energy also operating at a DIFFERENT FREQUENCY ? So, how can you have a harmonic increase in amplitude ( which is really the base claim anyway ), when the increase in energy causes a frequency shift off of the original harmonic ?
An error disproved is a truth proved.
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

I think the Marino and Optometrist society have lots of wool for sale?
slingshot

Post by slingshot »

How would you have explained the operation of the internal combustion engine before it was used in automobiles? People used only Horses and buggies.<p>How could you explain the distillation tower in a Crude unit at a refinery? Or the Reflux used in the tower?<p>Most often we imagine we have the ability to understand abstract ideas and concepts upon hearing them the first time. Most often we need to see the operation in practice to understand something completely new to us.<p>Or maybe it is just me that needs to see things.<p>In a year and a half there will be some full sized plants up and running. I'll let you know then. <p>Seeing is believing.<p>What if I am telling you about a method that does not try to heat up an entire solution but just aims at specific atoms and 'causes them to "think" they are individually very hot'?<p>If such a method existed it would be more efficient than using chemical reactions.<p>I remember when a demonstration of cooking an angel food cake with out heat was displayed in Jefferson City, Mo. The batter was poured into the pan. The pan was wrapped in a blanket and then put into a normal size oven that used a new invention called microwaves to cook the cake. It worked, but everyone knew it had to be a trick.
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Well I'll give you this... you seem to believe in what you are saying.<p>Maybe in a year or so I'll say "I'll be darned" but... I don't think so... No offense.
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

At what point does the forum server crash from posting overload?
"if it's not another it's one thing."
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

You hit the nail on the head, the word "Explain", something you continue to fail to do, over and over, and over, and yet you throw the empty hook back in, yet one more time. <p>Change your bait, your hook stinks.
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slingshot:
Since this is not credible, I am outa here.<p>Allow me to knock the dust off my shoes.<p>Stay as sweet as you all are, Sweethearts.<hr></blockquote><p>slingshot - just thought I'd remind you of this post of yours.
jimandy

Post by jimandy »

This topic is getting sorta like really raunchy Roquefort cheese. If you get it on your finger it smells like sh-t. But then you just hafta keep smellin' that finger.
:roll:
"if it's not another it's one thing."