Nuts & Volts in digital form

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
yahya

Nuts & Volts in digital form

Post by yahya »

It would be awesome to have Nuts & Volts available electronically also, through something like zinio.com
I'm sure it would be cheaper distribution for N&V, and very convenient for people who travel a lot. If you think it's a good idea please help convince the editors :)
dyarker

Re: Nuts & Volts in digital form

Post by dyarker »

Personally I prefer paper magazines. After looking at a monitor all day, it is more relaxing to lay on the sofa with a paper magazine, than to spend MORE time at a monitor for my enjoyment reading. For technical reading I think flipping pages is better than scrolling.<p>If you can convince N&V to offer electronic version AS WELL AS paper, good luck! But not instead of paper please.
Dale Y
Sterling Martin

Post by Sterling Martin »

I totally agree with Dale Y! An electronic version of Nuts & Volts would be just fine with me, just as long as it doesn't take away my paper edition! I much prefer flipping pages to scrolling. But I don't travel either, so I have no reason for needing an electronic version. Good luck, Yahya!
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Ditto keeping the paper version. I usually have at least two issues in my travel bag :D Not a day goes by that I don't stare endlessly at a PC screen so paper is my favorite "fun" way to read.
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
redrocker

Post by redrocker »

I would subscribe to both the digital and print versions. I have unreliable mail service - I believe someone in the mail delivery chain has an interest in electronics. I have had three N&V go missing in just the past 7 months!<p>I do subscribe to both the digital and print versions of another magazine. I like the fact that I can discard my accumulated paper copies at some point. With paper copies, I dare not throw anything away, so clutter builds up.