RiJoRi wrote:I am at my wits' end! Many articles in N&V say to visit the website to download code, yet I can not find any way to access said code!
The article related downloads are confusing, and I know the publisher
has been tweaking the website recently.
Firstly, as a reader you should have access to the article downloads
without being a subscriber. Navigating to the right spot is a bit
tedious with the current website.
Secondly, as a subscriber you should have access to the electronic
version of the magazine and also the free downloads (where they
exist for a given article).
Finally, the customer service folks are there to help the subscribers,
and may not have been trained on how to navigate to the free stuff.
I just tried it out for myself, I am a subscriber, but I think
I stayed in the free zone. The target file is zipped, so the
best method is to download it to your directory and then extract
all the files.
For the Touch Of Spice part one:
(1) Navigate to the magazine's home page: http://www.nutsvolts.com/
(2) Under the Magazine tab, select 'back Issues'
(3) Under the "show issues for (year)" tab select '2008'
(4) Click on the image of the desired issue (December 2008)
(5) Scroll down to the article brief
(6) Select the title (A Touch Of Spice part 1)
(7) Under downloads look for the file, and select the icon
(8) Save this file to your desired sub-dir (folder) or desktop
(9) Extract the files!