Help im new and in college

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Pyrous

Help im new and in college

Post by Pyrous »

My majior is electrical engeering but I realy do not know nothing about the workings of robot electronics. This semester I will have to make a robot that can clime stairs. I plan to make this a tank type robot, but I was wondering on where to look for information on what type of motors to buy and how to controll the motors, ect...<p>I know that my robot has to run off no more than 8AA batteries and 1 9V battry. Its goal is to dump rice as fast and efficently as possable. I can use a umbilical cord or a remote controll. The remote is allowed one extra 9v battry. <p>I just dont know where to look to get the proper information, and if i will need to program controllers. If I did I would need to know where to get that information as well. <p>Thank you For reading this,
Turbo46

Re: Help im new and in college

Post by Turbo46 »

Hi<p>I studied control at uni last year and i found the enclosed site very helpful. It takes things steady and it dosnt include to much tech jargon.<p>http://www.4qd.co.uk/robot/start.html<p>Good luck
Pyrous

Post by Pyrous »

Thank you for the reply and the url
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

PYROUS-
PLEASE, for your own sake in the future - especially when you write your resume' - take an elective course in spelling. Improving spelling will make the difference between getting a job and not getting one.
I mean no offense but just wish to help you.
Ed B.
Pyrous

Post by Pyrous »

I am sorry for the spelling errors. From now on I shall first type the entire post in Word so that I can catch any spelling errors that may occur. <p>Thank you,
Pyrous
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

PYROUS,
I must appologize. I know nothing about you. You may even be a foreign student where English is not your first language. ( PYROUS = Greek ? )
I'm sorry I got so 'high handed.'
Good luck with your college education.
Ed B.