X10 Vanguard Camera Help Please!

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
oscaikido

X10 Vanguard Camera Help Please!

Post by oscaikido »

I need some help , I got 2 X10 Vanguard cameras from X10, they have a 40x zoom and they are wireless,and they tilt and pan , but I did not know that they use the same code on remote, so both cameras move at same time, now , I am trying to make one a wired camera so the farther camera will not interfeer with the wired one. does anybody knows how to convert a wireless camera to be a wired camera, able to control zoom,pan, tilt? Thank you in advance!
dacflyer

Re: X10 Vanguard Camera Help Please!

Post by dacflyer »

if i am right... most x10 - plug-n-power moduals have a house code and a unit code...might try changing the unit code....there should be a way some how,,, big user of plug-n-power here..same thing as X10
i use them a lot on lights or plug in moduals,,,
hope i was of some help..
moe

Post by moe »

The wireless x10 cams that I have (not zoom) have a small slide switch in the base to change the frequency.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

oscaikido,<p>Moe is referring to changing the transmit frequency between A, B, C, or D. What you want to do is quite different.<p>Go download the manual from X10:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/vk77a-om.pdf<p>Page 19 of the manual (pg 10 of the PDF) will explain how to change the camera number. If you want the short and sweet solution, read on.<p>The first unit should stay C1. Setup the next camera by powering it on and moving the slide switch on the bottom to PROGRAM. Press C2 on the remote. Move the switch back to TRANSMIT ENABLE. <p>Now you can change between cameras on the remote by pressing C1 or C2. While there is no need to change the C1 camera there is no technical reason that it cannot be a different number. Thus you could have cameras C2 and C4 without having cameras C1 and C3.<p>By doing the above you can use both cameras as wireless and still have full control over them. But, if you REALLY want to make the camera wired it is possible. Move the switch on the bottom of the camera to TRANSMIT DISABLE after you program the unit instead of TRANSMIT ENABLE. If the camera has already been programmed, simply change from TRANSMIT ENABLE to TRANSMIT DISABLE. Connect an RCA cable to the back of the camera and to your video recorder or monitor VIDEO IN. The VIDEO OUT on the Vangard is the yellow RCA jack to the left of the power connector.<p>[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Jolly Roger ]</p>
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
sundancer87

Post by sundancer87 »

The Xcam2 wireless from X10 uses a remote addressable AC adapter. The adapter is set for the house code and frequency code and is controlled by the CR12A 8 unit ScanCam Remote.<p>Simply select which camera you want to control and control it with the remote.<p>The X10cam2 is different than the one you have but I believe the AC adapter is the same.
oscaikido

Post by oscaikido »

Thank you all for the response and the great help, I done the C1 , C2 , codes , it did turned of one of the cameras off once I tried to select C1 or C2 , we need both cameras at the same time on , because they are feed to a video mixer,I read the manual and called the X10 Tech suport , they said it could not be done, then I changed Camera 2 to be in group 4 (c4) as camera 16, and if I tried to move Cam 1, cam 16 will move at same time as cam 1, now if I move the switch to tranmit disable , with a video cable (yelow) the cameras still will move at same time if tried to control either one. Need more advise. Thank you for your help