Can anyone speak like an Australian??

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
paulrevelcet

Can anyone speak like an Australian??

Post by paulrevelcet »

First let me apologize if this post is inappropriate
I wish we had a place to post when we had work to offer but here goes.
I have just started a small project in which I need a script to be read by someone that can sound like an Australian, The voice will be used in a 5 foot animated kangaroo, in the future there maybe as many as 25 or 30 scripts but for now just the one and a few days later 2 or 3 more, the duration of the script is only 47 seconds, can be in wav or mp3 and sent through email. home pc quality is fine, as always I have a very small budget but can go as high as 20.00 per script I know its not much but I am not looking for studio quality. you can email me at [email protected].
Engineer1138

Re: Can anyone speak like an Australian??

Post by Engineer1138 »

If you don't have any luck here, this is actually the kind of thing RentACoder.com is good for.
Just place a request for bids (for whatever $amount you feel is reasonable), for someone in Australia to email you a .wav file of what text you need spoken.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

how about Bodgy?.. he's always on the computer side of this forum, with great answers too... He's an Australian, or at least his location shows Australia?.. Bodgy's web page<p>[ December 17, 2004: Message edited by: wayne ]</p>
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Bodge is British, living in oz but he might have picked up the language. <p>Ive been out of OZ too long to speak it still.<p>But you might call an Australian telephone operator, and ask them if they want the gig? <p>They could record it on a Cassette and send it to you? Make them a good offer.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

I'd love the gig, but whilst I know sometimes I sound slightly Ozzish - my voice occasionally has that question mark at the end when making a statement, I fear my 's'arf East London accent is more prevalent' :p <p>I think there is another lurker from Australia here. You could try advertising on AUS.ELECTRONICS newsgroup.<p>I'd also add, if you want the real beaut yoose know what I mean mate - type accent, then you are looking for someone from either Northern and country Queensland (The crocodile man is from Qld.)or deep western New South Wales. People from Adelaide (especially)and Melbourne(Victoria) tend to have a more neutral accent closer to an English one.<p>But I may be able to find someone for you. Male or Female?<p>Colin<p>[ December 18, 2004: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
cato

Post by cato »

Sure, can't everyone talk like an Australian? <p>It's walking like an Egyptian I have trouble with.......
terri

Post by terri »

The only thing I know about Oz is what QANTAS stands for.
terri wd0edw
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

Bodgy, would you like to try? I mean, were not looking for spot on accuracy, an approximation would be just fine, if so I can email you the first script and you could do a sort of demo for me and we can go from there. If not, then a male, energetic voice is our only requirement. thanks everyone.<p>
I think my spell checker is on durgs.
[ December 18, 2004: Message edited by: paulrevelcet ]<p>[ December 18, 2004: Message edited by: paulrevelcet ]</p>
Dan_574

Post by Dan_574 »

G, Day Paul, I ve already sent you an email, I'm australian and would love to help. Drop me a line at [email protected]
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

No... but I did walk like an Egyptian once...<p>ba doomp doomp... ching<p>Sorry... I'm in a Holiday Inn Express this evening... they made me say it...
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by terri:
The only thing I know about Oz is what QANTAS stands for.<hr></blockquote><p>Okay, what does it stand for?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service
Other wise known as the out back or whoop whoop.