Ham License

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
MicroRem

Ham License

Post by MicroRem » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:46 pm

If you have ever wondered about getting a Ham license, I must say it was easier than I thought. After putting it off for forty or so years I finally decided to do it. Hooked up with the local Amateur Radio Club and took a free class. Studied using an App on my smartphone and passed my Technician and General on the same day. My advice: If you think you might be interested, take a class and study a bit, and I bet you will do well. A lot of the questions are on ohms law figuring power consumption, reading schematics, things like that. Plus the rules and such, of course. I guess I gotta put up a big tower now!
Tom
KJ7EKD

CeaSaR

Re: Ham License

Post by CeaSaR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 am

Congrats!

Guess I need to dig out my dear departed Uncle's old Hallicrafters and see what I can hear. :)
Hey, what do I know?

Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 am

Good for you Tom! :smile:

Now you can work on getting that Kenwood Transceiver fully functional, and start squawking to others.

Signed: Janitor Tzap

MicroRem

Post by MicroRem » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks Gents! That's the plan. I did get it powered up and could hear static, then kind of set it aside for what was supposed to be two weeks.... and then life got in the way!

Best

Tom