PIC In circuit Debugger ICD2 Module Help required..

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
shaiqbashir

PIC In circuit Debugger ICD2 Module Help required..

Post by shaiqbashir »

Hi guys!

WEll! i got this circuit in a magazine. This circuit is actually a clone of Microchip ICD2 Module. The first figure is that of the main PIC16F877 Controller. The second picture shows how this controller is connected witht the target system and the third picture is the PCB form of the 1st picture.

Now if you look at the first circuit diagram, it is connected with PC via serial port. But in this whole circuit diagram there has been mention on each IC a Vcc pin. Im surprised to see that from where i would provide these Vcc as the circuit layout and PCB doesnt give any indication about this. Is this circuit is getting power from the SERIAL PORT???

Now one thing that i know about this circuit is this that the Vcc required here is +5V. But im surprised to see where i have to provide that Vcc???

If you look at the second figure, you will be noting a pin on target system Ub=+5V. Is this is responsible for providing the whole circuit this 5V??

If you look at the PCB of this circuit, you will find that there is no indication of from where the power has been supplied to this circuit. there is no regulator, no AC connector present. Then from where this circuit is getting all this power???

thanks in advanceImage
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

It appears that the power for the programmer is supplied by the target system. The connection to the target system is through a 6 pin connector. Pin 3 is connected to Vcc and pin 4 is connected to ground.