basic code what am I missing? IF ADC is => increase PWM

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
cwaugs

Post by cwaugs »

Thinking. Be back as soon as I have time to put it into code and squirt it into a chip. Again, I thank you.:)
cwaugs

long post sorry

Post by cwaugs »

Well, after at least 6-8 hours of scope time setting at the table (while life goes by) I finally get a small snippet to do kind of what I'm trying to do, and partially understand what is happening as in setting the Ocr1al and Ocr1ah to "pre-fill" the register at the bottom then set the "top" to adjust the frequency. From scouring the datasheets and every post I can find on the subject, I find that Wgm mode 14 is what is needed to allow frequency to be controlled by Icr1h to do the above more efficiently but timer1 is the only one with this option so I have to believe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Possibly persuing the serial controlled oscillator that has the adjustability to run all three timers at the resolution I'm looking for might be the way to go. I'm too much of a farmer to grasp all of this. Heck, I can't even get a Codevision wizard file to actually run the timers after setting them up with the three frequencies I need. So, to make a long story long, I'm going to have to put this on pause for a week or so and build my shop. I'll keep pecking away at it from time to time as not being able to conquer this is not something I can accept. I wonder why PWM is so elusive as indicated by this thread (and others dealing with PWM), one in the Bascom forum, and AVR freaks forum, being looked at by so many more people than other subjects. Anyhow, Thanks so much for the continuing efforts on all of your parts! I appreciate all of you. Sorry for the bla bla! Emmett