programming

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
zotdoc

programming

Post by zotdoc »

I have never programmed a computer before, but I bought the Visual C#.net program and several books, that I have been working my way through. Unfortunatly, all the books I have assume you have programmed in various languages before. Anyone out there know of a good book that is for people who have never programmed before and want to start with c#? I keep getting the feeling as I read that there are just too many things that the authors assume I know.
Clyde Crashkop

Re: programming

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

I recommend Sam's books. If they make "Teach yourself C# in 21 days", that is a good place to start. If there is a chapter “C review”, go there first. It will have the basics. C has evolved so much that you need to know a lot before you can do anything. Any computer book that starts with a chapter on the history of computers, throw it back, they are just filling pages. One of the first computer books I read, ”Nailing jelly to a tree” talked for 500 pages and didn’t say anything.
If you are using Microsoft Visual C#, get books on Microsoft Visual C# exclusively, not Borland. C++ and .Net are different too. The last thing you need is confusion. Their samples make good starting points for your own programs. You may have to start with books on C to get the basics.