creating modules in mikroBasic

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dashley

creating modules in mikroBasic

Post by dashley »

Hi! I am programming PIC16f877A usign MikroBasic compiler for my project. When my program's memory exceeded 2k, i encounter linker error. The manual said I have to break my programs into chunks.

I thought that maybe breaking it into modules will
help but I don't know how to make them. Can anyone give me some pointers or the syntax I have to follow?

Another idea is to integrate several hex files during the burning of the programs in the PIC.. Is this possible?

Thank you!!!
╪)3
philba

Re: creating modules in mikroBasic

Post by philba »

well, anything is possible but i believe that the mikro compilers require payment for advanced features like linking.

to integrate hex files is tricky - you will essentially need to design a run-time linking capability. Manually, its tedious but doable if you can place an array of procedure pointers in a fixed and known location. Intermodule calls go through that table.
dashley

Re: creating modules in mikroBasic

Post by dashley »

thanks philba for replying! i already activated the license key of mikroBasic. i'll try to compile my program again.

about the integration of hex files, my friends also told me that it's hard, if indeed possible. practically, it's not advisable due to time constraint. :)
╪)3