LED 95 pixel programming help needed...

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Questor

LED 95 pixel programming help needed...

Post by Questor »

I own two 7 x 95 pixel LED signs (4" x 24") that were originally used in Diebold ATMs around 1991. There are no OEM markings on the LED signs other than the Diebold part number. <p>Apparently, both signs are controlled by EEPROMS that had to be re-programmed to display different sign text. There seems to be a RS-232 interface that could be used reprogram the eeproms. <p>I called Diebold and they they have no software, no EEPROM encoder, no instructions and limited mechanical drawings of this item.<p>Does anyone know which company may have made these signs for Diebold, and where I may find an encoder with software to make custom screen messages?<p>Thanks, Questor
:p :p :p :p :p
philba

Re: LED 95 pixel programming help needed...

Post by philba »

I hope you find what you are looking for. If not, you could probably reverse engineer it. Do you know what is in the current eproms? read the eproms and then figure out the format of the data. It probably has a very simple sequencer that increments through the columns which are eprom addresses as well and reads out the column data to be latched into the led drivers.