Web Page Design

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Mike

Web Page Design

Post by Mike »

I have the Macromedia Studio MX, and am trying to use Dreamweaver to allow a user to log in, and edit their profile, which includes allowing them to upload their picture to the server, put in their name, favorite things, etc. Also, they need to be able to select if or if not their profile can be viewed by logged in members only, or by any visitor to the site. There will also be files avaliable to logged in members only such as word docs, powerpoints, graphics, etc. The users must also be able to get their own amount of space, say 5 mb per user, to store their own files. Those files can be accessed by only the person who uploaded them and the administrator, or any logged in user, user selectable. I was thinking of using ColdFusion. Can I accomplish this? <p>One more thing, the users will get their own user name, and will have no choice of their user name. The password is user selectable, though. <p>Thanks for any help, Mike
Mike

Re: Web Page Design

Post by Mike »

I got it, never mind. Took a lot of work, but it works. Now, I need to make a redirect page. I was thinking of using asp. When a link is clicked, the send command would be something like /redir.asp?http://www.NAMEOFSITE.com/info.htm,
so browsers that are not compatable with META redirects can be redirected. I just need the asp javascript code to read the address, and then goto the page in the URL.
greg123

Post by greg123 »

Or, you can just use JavaScript:<p>Place this in the Head section<p><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
function redirect () { setTimeout("go_now()",4000); }
function go_now () { window.location.href = "main.html"; }
//--></SCRIPT><p>Where 4000 is 4 seconds...<p>greg
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks, Greg. Know how I said that I got the login to work? Well, I was wrong. It is on a different computer then the one I was typing the question on, and as I was typing the question, I thought I knew how to get it. But I was wrong. It still doesn't work. I have reduced the requirements greatl, though. I have a few pages, in the members directory, that only logged in members can access. Then, I have some admin pages, in the admin, that only the administrator can access. When the user loggs in, they type in an ID and Password stored in an access 2000 database, and the record with their ID and Password also has their First name and last Initial. For example, John Smith would be John S. That name, John S. needs to be stored in a variable on each page that the user visits, so It can be displayed as Welcome, John S. on the page. I was thinking of using a stored variable in Dreamweaver MX. As I just said, I am using Dreamweaver MX. Also, I would like to use either an ASP JavaScript or VBScript page.<p>This is for a school project, and I really need to get this finished. Thank you if anybody can help, Mike