Firefox question

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

Firefox question

Post by dacflyer »

when using FF, every once in a while things start lagging, so i look in my task manager - and i see 6 instances of FF running, but i only have 1 page open.
Why so many ?
i also listen to online radio once in a while, and it is a memory hogg.. all my memory starts getting used up to the point that the page starts hanging up bad. again i have to force end the browser. ( RADIO.COM )
any tips to help resolve this ?
can't live without radio , and computer is only way to listen to radio in a metal building.
plus i do not have much choices to use here now that the city has limited what sites we have access too ( no out of the states web addresses any more )
so much for my European radio stations now..
Janitor Tzap

Re: Firefox question

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Here's something from Cnet: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... es-641810/

Signed: Janitor Tzap
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

seems that Flash is a problem, and that i was right that FF does not readily dump RAM.
Ughhh.. the usage just grows and grows til it starts locking up.
this computer is supposed to have about 8 gigs of ram. but when it gets p to about 6Gb, then it starts having issues..
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

I finally found the cause of the problem, It was one of the damn ad blockers I was using. I turned it off, and the memory use went way down, Now i am averaging 4 gigs memory use, and not 7.8 gigs
the ADD ON was called AD BLOCKER, I am using a different one now called AD BLOCKER PLUS, and it works just fine..
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

lil late.lol.. the problems been solved long ago...