client??

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
Lenp

client??

Post by Lenp »

I'm running win7 and I see 'client' with no extension in the application window of task manager sometimes it goes away briefly and sometimes there are two of them. Nothing closes it and no services or processes are linked to it. I ran 'What's Running' that gives an in depth look at what's happening behind the scenes, searched with Agent Ransack for any file by that name and scanned the registry and in, all cases, nothing ever pops up linked to this mysterious 'client'.

Anyone have an idea what that could be?
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
CeaSaR

Re: client??

Post by CeaSaR »

Usually refers to Microsoft Client as in Client / Server.

However, I would recommend going to Microsoft.com and doing a search for Process Explorer (originally from SysInternals) and downloading the Zip file on that page. It is a standalone (no need for installation) executable that shows EVERYTHING that is running and you can Pause, Kill single threads, or Kill a whole tree of programs. I've had it for years now and it does come in real handy at times.

Funny anecdote: There was a problem at work and neither the in-house expert nor the external IT guy knew about this program that I'd been using for so long. :D

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?