wireless WiFi Radios

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

wireless WiFi Radios

Post by dacflyer »

is there anyone here that is into wifi radio set up ?
i know just enough to get basic things working. ( watching YT videos )
but a lot of stuff i do not quite understand.
some things like changing adapter settings. - i see videos of people setting up several radios and they never seem to go into their adapter settings, and me, i have to go into mine every time and change them if i wish to connect to that radio to make any changes.

and there seems to be a lot of terminology for same functions. like AP , hotspot , station, bridge , link etc.
i can't seem to find the answers i look for, or the info i read is too confusing for me to understand...

also is there a method for setting up IP addresses on your system ? each radio has to have a IP programmed into them, i know that they have to be similar, and the last numbers have to be different, but the master? IP has to have a higher number than everything else on the set up..

like i said i know enough to get it functional, but i don't fully understand how. - the radios i mostly play with are the Ubiquiti Brand ( pico station - and the M5 series, and nanobeam )

any advice is helpful..
dacflyer

Re: wireless WiFi Radios

Post by dacflyer »

i ordered me a book i found. Wireless for Dummys.. was $1.65 plus bout $5.00 for S/H
maybe this will give me more insight..
dds2020

Re: wireless WiFi Radios

Post by dds2020 »

It is not technically difficult to use WiFi and Bluetooth to realize Internet radio and play it through Bluetooth headsets.