Android image recovery

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
CeaSaR

Android image recovery

Post by CeaSaR »

Does anyone have any recommendations for possible recovery of image files that were deleted from an Android phone? I've seen a few threads online that suggest certain recovery software such as http://www.imagerecovery-software.com to do the trick.

I store my photos on a microSD card and somehow my phone deleted the whole Camera folder from the DCIM folder. I carry it in my back pocket while working in the field and up until now, I did not use a lock scheme. But today it did its worst and I didn't even know because the battery died in the afternoon.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
dacflyer

Re: Android image recovery

Post by dacflyer »

i had same thing happen to me.. but i thought i was deleting 1 foto, and did not notice i had "select all" and then POOF...
i searched for software, and came across "Dr.Fone" but it cost.. i bought the program, it is good for up to 5 devices.

why these phones do not have a undo button or a recycle bin like computers do, i'll never know..

you might be able to take it to your phone center and they might be able to do it for you...or one of the other phone fix it shops..
but in the mean time do not take any pictures, or the new ones can overwrite the deleted ( still hidden ) file
Kunkzi

Post by Kunkzi »

Free ones: Recuva, PhotoRec, TestDisk
Paid one: EaseUS MobileSaver, Android Data Recovery and Dr.Fone for Android

Tutorial: how to recover deleted android photos
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

wish i found the free one earlier,, Dr. Fone cost me $60.00