pop up - GWXUX HAS STOPPED WORKING

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

pop up - GWXUX HAS STOPPED WORKING

Post by dacflyer »

this has something to do with the "Get Windows 10" i keep getting this pop up and i have tried to click both..
( check online for a solution and close the program ) or ( Close the window ) either way it keeps coming back.
what can i do to get this to stop popping up....besides getting the Win 10 install.
Janitor Tzap

Re: pop up - GWXUX HAS STOPPED WORKING

Post by Janitor Tzap »

dacflyer wrote:this has something to do with the "Get Windows 10" i keep getting this pop up and i have tried to click both..
( check online for a solution and close the program ) or ( Close the window ) either way it keeps coming back.
what can i do to get this to stop popping up....besides getting the Win 10 install.
I feel for you. :sad:

But MicroSquish has went, and modified they're obnoxious Windows 10 Upgrade notification.
{It came in with the monthly automatic windows updates.}
Now even the little hack that people were using to get rid of it, won't work anymore. :( :x

And if you are like many of the other people who have older devices, that aren't Windows 10 compatible.
Your not going to upgrade to Win 10 and loose, or have to replace these devices. :x

But let me warn you now.
Within about a year, MicroSquish is going to start putting this into the Automatic Windows Updates.
If you haven't adjusted the Update Settings in awhile.
Make sure you have it setup too only get the High Priority Updates.

Here's some more bad news about win 10.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10s ... aches-many

Signed: Janitor Tzap
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

Grrr, starting to sound like communism computing...
VernGraner

Post by VernGraner »

dacflyer wrote:what can i do to get this to stop popping up....besides getting the Win 10 install.
I have two machines that are essentially not compatible with Windows 10. I say essentially because one of them is a HTPC that is used exclusively to run Windows Media Center (Windows 10 "upgrade" REMOVES the Windows Media Center!), and the other because it does not have high enough specs to make it work well with Windows 10.

However, like you, on both of these machines I had that ever more aggressive Windows 10 installer prompt. It even went so far as auto-downloading gigs of setup files- eating up my bandwidth and chewing up space on my hard drives! :shock:

To deal with this I found and used "GWX Control Panel" available from these guys:

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

A guide on how to use the program is located here:

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/0 ... emove.html

I have been pleased with the results as it freed up disk space and removed the annoying Windows 10 "bug" from my system tray! :smile: That said, I feel compelled to say "use at your own risk" and "your mileage may vary".. :cool:

Vern
--
Vern Graner
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

thanks, i'll look into it,, i bet a lot of other people will love to find this and use it..

this win10 is starting to act like a massive aggressive take over.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

hey i tried the program, it works great so far.. it has removed anything related to GWX.
in my task scheduler it had a bunch of scheduled items related to GWX, and now it is all gone YAY!

thanks for the link... i hope others find it useful as well...
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i installed the program and it has worked flawlessly..have not seen hide or hair of GWX or anything win 10 related :D
thanks for the link...
dogdragon

Post by dogdragon »

Only your win10 nag screen, the win kb3035583 is the file you will need to hide on your updating for windows or you will get it back.
For a lot more information about this if you go to TWIT.tv and look under Know How ep 166, they will tell you how to fix the problem.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

have had no problems ever since i installed the program..works great
RobbySmoot

Post by RobbySmoot »

Hi everyone...i am new here. As per my knowledge if you are like many of the other people who have older devices, that aren't Windows 10 compatible.Your not going to upgrade to Win 10 and loose, or have to replace these devices. Also within about a year, MicroSquish is going to start putting this into the Automatic Windows Updates.If you haven't adjusted the Update Settings in awhile.Make sure you have it setup too only get the High Priority Updates.

turnkey pcb