WI FI EXTERNDER

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

WI FI EXTERNDER

Post by frhrwa »

I've got a NETGEAR WiFi presently and it works great from point zero to about 20'.. then poops out.. can't get my printer to work 35' away.. what do you guys recommend for an extender.. I was looking at this one on AMAZON.COM NETGEAR AC1200 High Power 700mW Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender - Desktop with 5 Ports (EX6200) by Netgear
$99.66$149.99Prime
Get it by Tuesday, Dec 15
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
cae2100

Re: WI FI EXTERNDER

Post by cae2100 »

I just use a cheapy wrt54g router with dd-wrt on it, they are much cheaper than what you have and with better range. I have mine sitting in a window and it reaches my camper around 60 feet away with stock antennas. Another thing is, d-link routers are notorious for having weak wifi setups, Ive had nothing but trouble with getting any range from them and usually just end up giving them away. I tend to stick with linksys or buffalo, then install the DD-WRT firmware on them, they work as well as the 300-400 dollar routers easily after that and the range is greatly improved.

Another thing you can do is just get some bigger antennas for the d-link and that might give you a little more range, Ive honestly found repeaters to be a headache and it's usually easier to just get a stronger signal from the base than trying to repeat it.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i just recently won on ebay.. Amped Wireless R20000G wireless N gigabit router

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... 0g&_sop=15

it blows my old wrt54g router out of the water,, i used to get 1 bar 100' away..now with the new router i get 5 bars.
Carmelita

Post by Carmelita »

What an interesting sharing!Very useful advice. I think I'll try it