HP printer deskjet 9300 issue

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

HP printer deskjet 9300 issue

Post by dacflyer »

i have a HP deskjet 9300 printer, it works fine, but i think it is not useable with win7
it works fine on my XP
but i cannot find any drivers for win7. is there any or do i need to find another printer ?
i saw somewhere to use a 2100 drivers, but when i install them, the printer does not see em.
i'd rather have win7 drivers if they are somewhere.
Robert Reed

Re: HP printer deskjet 9300 issue

Post by Robert Reed »

I had installed Windows 7 in my computer several months ago and my older (but excellent)
HP printer would not work any more. This one worked from a install disc that came with it. Win 7 wants internet access to control the computer and will not accept the startup disc. Went on forums and such to figure out. Took advice bought special USB/Parallel cables. jumped thru a lot of hoops , wasted a lot of time and money. The closest I got to printing was everything operating correct right up to the "PRINT" button, then it refused to print. Bought new HP and every thing you do with it has to go thru the internet-Slow and navigation choices are minimal. Its like every thing else today- High Tech and Low Quality, another piece of crap. Then to rub salt into the wound, if you use some one else's ink, the printing stops dead in its tracks with a giant pop-up from HP saying COUNTERFEIT INK . Also the low ink warning comes up before you are half way thru the cartridge. Wasted a lot of ink before I figured that one out. Hope you have better luck than I had. You might give the HP forum a shot as I think they have some knowledgeable people there. But apparently the advice I got wasn't from any of them.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

wow,, sounds like HP is going to crap.....
i'll look on HP forum and see what i find,, thanks
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

dacflyer wrote:i have a HP deskjet 9300 printer, it works fine, but i think it is not useable with win7
it works fine on my XP
but i cannot find any drivers for win7. is there any or do i need to find another printer ?
i saw somewhere to use a 2100 drivers, but when i install them, the printer does not see em.
i'd rather have win7 drivers if they are somewhere.
What version of Windows 7 are you using?

This is the solution that HP is using.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796821

Signed: Janitor Tzap
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

After years of being a loyal HP printer user I am backing off. The older monochrome printers were work horses but the color lasers are another tale of woe. Too many quality problems, and their OEM supplies cost more than a new printer. Gone are the days when HP meant quality test gear and now it's planned obsolescence.
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i tried the earlier advice,, does not work for me...
i guess i need to find another printer that works with win 7.
any suggestions for a good printer ?